Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bjboucher
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ThunderBROKE

I dropped my thunderbolt on the cement floor at work and now it's busted. It landed on the power/lock button and now the mechanism is totally busted and the battery came flying out so I wasn't able to install an app to unlock using the volume rocker. I asked around and I guess this is a common issue with thunderbolts that the lock/power button was manufactured in a shoddy manner and can easily be broken and if it breaks on the board and not on the button itself then you're pretty much screwed I guess.

Does anyone know any more info on this? or of a way to possibly fix it? I had to borrow a phone from now and I actually miss my thunderbolt haha.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Default Re: ThunderBROKE

Quote Originally Posted by zero3187 View Post
    I dropped my thunderbolt on the cement floor at work and now it's busted. It landed on the power/lock button and now the mechanism is totally busted and the battery came flying out so I wasn't able to install an app to unlock using the volume rocker. I asked around and I guess this is a common issue with thunderbolts that the lock/power button was manufactured in a shoddy manner and can easily be broken and if it breaks on the board and not on the button itself then you're pretty much screwed I guess.

Does anyone know any more info on this? or of a way to possibly fix it? I had to borrow a phone from now and I actually miss my thunderbolt haha.
    Its actually very easy to work on the tbolt. You should be able to either find a thunderbolt for parts only on ebay and rob the power button from it (or worst case move the mainboard from your phone to the new parts phone), or you might be able to just find a power button on ebay or amazon.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Pretty crazy that HTC forgot to install the anti-concrete shield on the power button. Sucks your phone is broke but I don't think you can blame the phone on this one, pretty sure if you dropped just about any phone on concrete it would not turn out good.
    johnriii likes this.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

If you want to buy mine, PM me. Have the extended battery, Power Skin, multiple other normal capacity batteries.

yeah...dropping the concrete laden tbolt is pretty much sure disaster. compared to any phone out now, that thing weighs a ton!!