HTC Thunderbolt

twaldron64

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello, New to this so here it goes: I have a HTC Thunderbolt had it for two years, I dropped it last Saturday and now the screen flickers sometimes and I have dead spots now. I really love this phone. I didnt break the screen, it does have a protective cover. could I have just dislodged the digitizer cable? I went to verizon and they said bolt is out of warranty, they gave me a i-phone 4, free, renewed contract, I dont like the iphone 4 people sound muffed when they call, only 3G, speaker is not as good as thunderbolt. What can I do? Do I dare open up bolt to see what happened, I looked on youtube and sounds really tricky to open up the phone, using heat prying things apart sounds like you can mess things up fast!! Thanks

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The iphone 4 is pretty old, so I don't think I would want to be stuck with that for the next 2 years. I'd return it immediately, and look at picking up the S3, the Razr Maxx HD, or the DNA if you're gonna re-up on contract. If those are out of your price range, Verizon is offering the Rezound for free, and the Galaxy Nexus for $50. Also, take a look at sites like Amazon and LetsTalk.com to see what sales they're having.

As far as fixing your Bolt, I wish I could help, but that's not my area of expertise and I have no experience with opening up a phone to fix it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the thunderbolt,rezound, razr Maxx, and gs3. I would advise against the Maxx. It is sluggish and the screen isn't great. The gs3 is the best option, IMO if price is a concern. I have seen it for $50 ish on sale.

The only reason I would choose the Maxx is the battery life. Second would be the rezound. Third would be the Maxx.