HTC clock & auto-sync

jdd77

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I have disabled a lot of things on this phone to extend the battery life.. turning off 'auto-sync' is one of them. The only problem is it makes the HTC clock look ugly because it displays the message "no weather data available" all the time. I have tried different clocks from the play store but the HTC clock is one of the reasons I got the phone. Does anyone know of a way to disable the "no weather data available" message so that the HTC clock still looks nice without 'auto-sync' turned on? Thanks in advance.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can disable the no weather data available, but you could set it to only update when opened so that you can control when it syncs.

jdd77

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you can disable the no weather data available, but you could set it to only update when opened so that you can control when it syncs.

Yes I've tried that one and most of the clocks worth trying but after awhile I uninstall because its not the same as the real thing. I found that if you turn on background data and turn everything else off except 'sync weather', you can still use the clock displaying the weather but because nothing else is syncing, very minimal battery is used from it.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I used to like the HTC clock widget, but grew tired of its customization limitations. Tried Beautiful Widgets for a while, but then switched to BeWeather (link below) which IMO is a heck of a lot better than either. In particular I like that you can make the background transparent and change the fonts of the clock numbers. Also HTC uses Accuweather which from my experience isn't all that accurate. Whereas BeWeather uses Weather Underground, a much better and more accurate weather source. :) Here is a screenshot of my home screen with the BeWeather widget (now on my Note 2).

BeWeather link:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....bellshare.beweatherfree&hl=en&token=9tGhzdtX

Note 2 Homescreen.jpg

jdd77

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I used to like the HTC clock widget, but grew tired of its customization limitations. Tried Beautiful Widgets for a while, but then switched to BeWeather (link below) which IMO is a heck of a lot better than either. In particular I like that you can make the background transparent and change the fonts of the clock numbers. Also HTC uses Accuweather which from my experience isn't all that accurate. Whereas BeWeather uses Weather Underground, a much better and more accurate weather source. :) Here is a screenshot of my home screen with the BeWeather widget (now on my Note 2).

BeWeather link:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....bellshare.beweatherfree&hl=en&token=qGrze_nc

View attachment 56677

Cool.. I'll check that out

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech