Went to the Galaxy SIII

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
So my TB committed suicide by jumping right out of my hands and into a pot of water this weekend. I took it out immediately... did the rice thing... and it worked. Fired up like normal 18 hours later... I still took it as a sign and moved to the GSIII. . I had been getting the annoying data drops everyone else has commented on for about 3 months anyway.

Thanks to you all for the help, tips and tricks. I really dug my TB and up until the data drops, (which only started a few months back), the phone exceeded my expectations.

C-Ya all!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
LOL, committed suicide... :eek: I would've done the same thing in getting a new/different phone. Water and electronics don't mix well (even after drying out). I had the Thunderbolt as well and it was bitter sweet to move on (Note 2). Nothing happened to it, was working well other than the data drop issue, but just felt it was time to move on. Anyway, good luck with the new phone! :)

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So my TB committed suicide by jumping right out of my hands and into a pot of water this weekend. I took it out immediately... did the rice thing... and it worked. Fired up like normal 18 hours later... I still took it as a sign and moved to the GSIII. . I had been getting the annoying data drops everyone else has commented on for about 3 months anyway.

Thanks to you all for the help, tips and tricks. I really dug my TB and up until the data drops, (which only started a few months back), the phone exceeded my expectations.

C-Ya all!

i litterally LOL'd at my desk when I read that. committed suicide? the Tbolt has been so verbally abused (and rightfully so) until they should all do the same thing. I'm moving to the Note 2 this summer unless the S4 is in my price range.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

C-Ya all!

Congrats! I also just moved on from the Bolt to a used DNA. So far so good. Enjoy!

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Nate. Hang in there? At least when you do finally get to move on, you will really appreciate your next phone. I know it's not much of a silver lining, but hopefully you'll give me credit for trying. ;)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Nate. Hang in there? At least when you do finally get to move on, you will really appreciate your next phone. I know it's not much of a silver lining, but hopefully you'll give me credit for trying. ;)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Full credit. Atty least I have my nexus 7 for jelly bean-y goodness.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I officially hate all of you. I'm stuck on the Thunderbolt until September. :'( :confused:

LOL

I'm "stuck" on the Rezound until July. been away from the Tbolt since November. can't say I miss it. however, I'm eagerly anticipating July...be patient, and stay busy. at least thats what I'm trying to do.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
and moved to the GSIII

can you please comment on battery life compared to the Thunderbolt? Need to upgrade my wife's Thunderbolt but she thinks the Note 2 is too big (I have one). Was considering the SIII but worried about the smaller battery in it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
can you please comment on battery life compared to the Thunderbolt? Need to upgrade my wife's Thunderbolt but she thinks the Note 2 is too big (I have one). Was considering the SIII but worried about the smaller battery in it.

Battery life is way better on my gs3 compared to my thunderbolt.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I went from the Tbolt to the S3 as well. Battery life is MUCH better. On light usage I'll plug it in at night with more than 50% still left on the battery. That's with 4G on all the time (can't really turn it off on the S3 anyway like you can with the Bolt). If I left my Bolt on 4G all the time it would barely make it 6-8 hours with hardly any usage unless I had the extended battery in. I'd say the stock S3 is about as good as the Tbolt with the massive extended battery installed.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
i cant bring myself to pull the trigger on the S3 now. from what a few people have told me, buying it now would be like burning money,since when the S4 comes out ill be able to get the S3 at a huge discount. i could buy it now for $99, but then i have to pay an activation fee. ive never paid an activation fee before. its always been "waived" by the verizon store guys

anon(531015)

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
i cant bring myself to pull the trigger on the S3 now. from what a few people have told me, buying it now would be like burning money,since when the S4 comes out ill be able to get the S3 at a huge discount. i could buy it now for $99, but then i have to pay an activation fee. ive never paid an activation fee before. its always been "waived" by the verizon store guys

I was on the fence for a few days but decieded to retain my unlimited data and buy a used S3 off eBay. Figure that i'll still have my upgrade if VZW pulls grandfathered unlimited in March like some speculate and can decide to stand pat, jump to the S4 or off VZW to the N4 at that time. If I make another move, I'll just sell the S3.

Sold my bolt just last night so I probably won't be coming around these parts much. I told the new owner about the forum and hope that he finds he way over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781