1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thunderbolt Root Question - Selling Tbolt

Hey guys I wanted to get your opinion on this. Got my Samsung G III and now have no real use the tbold and was thinking about selling it. It is rooted and running ICS. Question is should I un-root it or just sell as a rooted phone?

My other question is, should I sell it how can I wipe all the data so my information is not on there?

Thanks

Default Re: Thunderbolt Root Question - Selling Tbolt

You can give the buyer the option of having a rooted ics or stock gb.

Yes you should do a factory reset before selling the phone.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

If its rooted and you have a custom recovery, don't do a factory reset it may brick the device. I'm not expert on the tbolt but some manufacturers are stupid and code their boot loaders the wrong way to only look for the stock recovery when performing a factory reset and it will still reset regardless of if it finds it or not( which causes the brick ).

Id do some research first before you sell it, also you could probably get more for it if you have the original box/instructions and anything else that came with it.

Sent from my SPH-L710
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

ROM
    Tshed

I just sold my rooted bolt. I fomatted everything a couple times for good measure and threw a fresh rom on the phone. Listed at rooted and offered the option of whatever rom the buyer wanted or returning it to stock. Made sure to stress to the buyer, who took it rooted, not to accept the OTA before unrooting/returning to stock.

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    If its rooted and you have a custom recovery, don't do a factory reset it may brick the device. I'm not expert on the tbolt but some manufacturers are stupid and code their boot loaders the wrong way to only look for the stock recovery when performing a factory reset and it will still reset regardless of if it finds it or not( which causes the brick ).

Id do some research first before you sell it, also you could probably get more for it if you have the original box/instructions and anything else that came with it.

Sent from my SPH-L710
    Just do the factory reset from CWM, i.e. "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" ... will work just fine. Just remember to take you SD card with you before you sell your phone.