Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

Default Re: It's HEEEEERRRE

or you could wait a day or two and get a full RUU which I am sure will be posted to here or android police or something...
    remember you can flash a full RUU in hboot, and DO NOT EXCEPT THE UPDATE IF YOU ARE ROOTED, PLEASE EITHER WAIT FOR A ROOTED VERSION OR UNROOT TO EXCEPT THE UPDATE!!! PLEASE LOOK BACK INTO OLD THREADS SEE ALL THE PROBLEMS PEOPLE HAD BECAUSE THEY ACCEPTED THE UPDATE WHILE ROOTED RUNNING STOCK!!!

Just some friendly advice!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycemiskel View Post
    You can't just switch it, update, and switch right back?
    Unfortunately the sim sizes are different. I'm not sure if the adapters work or not.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomog View Post
    Unfortunately the sim sizes are different. I'm not sure if the adapters work or not.
    Ah ok, that makes sense.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

An adapter would work. I can jump between my GN, Razr Maxx, and Thunderbolt with no issues at all.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by trainplane3 View Post
    An adapter would work. I can jump between my GN, Razr Maxx, and Thunderbolt with no issues at all.
    thanks. do you actually need to do anything online for the activations? Or is it simply swapping the sim in/out of the phones and the activations happen automatically?

Global Posts
    1,649 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Treknologist View Post
    Better late than never, I suppose. I'm glad my TBolt will have this update before I leave it behind for the N4. I did read this on Verizon's info page and I was shocked: Verizon Apps, Blockbuster, Rhapsody, Verizon Video and Mobile IM app have been removed. I wonder how that came to pass. I guess I won't need to deactivate these from the apps manager! LOL
    Blockbuster, for one, will be removed because the application that's on the Thunderbolt is no longer relevant. Verizon apps has also, to my knowledge, been discontinued. Rhapsody probably stopped paying Verizon the inclusion fee.

Verizon Video is a front end to an app that just says the service has been discontinued. It should have been removed some time ago when the service went away.

Now if "Let's Golf 2", "Rock Band", "Slacker Radio", and in particular the 10-times-a-day-force-closing "Verizon Backup" could go away...
    ddonahueiup likes this.

thanks. do you actually need to do anything online for the activations? Or is it simply swapping the sim in/out of the phones and the activations happen automatically?
    Just swap the SIM card and the active line will follow.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by trainplane3 View Post
    can you recommend an adapter that you use? Most reviews I'm reading people complain about the adapters getting stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    and in particular the 10-times-a-day-force-closing "Verizon Backup" could go away...
    To fix this you have to open the app and go through a set up. The reason it keeps force closing is because it is trying to connect to Verizons new backup system and you haven't set up your account.

I had the same issue for a couple weeks and this fixed it for me.

Woohoo! Congrats fellow Thunderbolt owners! Never thought ICS would see the light of day. I still have mine as a backup (primary now a Note 2), so it's a perfect candidate for testing. I'm rooted though (stock ROM) and have OTA's blocked, so I'm waiting/hoping a full RUU will be available soon.
    redcat22 likes this.

can you recommend an adapter that you use? Most reviews I'm reading people complain about the adapters getting stuck.
    I used one like this: Amazon.com: Micro Sim Adapter for Micro Sim Card to Full Size Sim (Authentic, Precise, Made in Germany): Cell Phones & Accessories
    It works fine. You don't need to use the sticker that comes with it. You put the adapter on the table, push the sim into it so it sits flush, put it in the phone, and power it up! It's really, really hard for it to get stuck. I've had no issues at all with getting stuck. Just pull the sim tray out all the way, and if you turn the phone upside down, it'll just fall out.
    Thanked by:

Word of advise for those who will take the OTA; be fully prepared to do a master (factory) reset after installing it. It's usually needed after a major OS version upgrade to clear up wonky behavior and get things fully working again.

Global Posts
    1,649 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Randomhero180 View Post
    To fix this you have to open the app and go through a set up. The reason it keeps force closing is because it is trying to connect to Verizons new backup system and you haven't set up your account.

I had the same issue for a couple weeks and this fixed it for me.
    Thanks. After connecting, resetting my Verizon password, subscribing, restarting the app, logging in again, it's now subscribed and I'll go back in a little while and see if I can have it stop making the backups. I appreciate the tip.

EDIT: Yay! I was able to log in and set it up to back up nothing. And now it's saying that it's backing up 33.9MB of nothing (what?). But if a one-time 34MB upload over WiFi is what it takes to kill this monstrosity, I'll take it.
    Last edited by natehoy; 02-01-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    Now if "Let's Golf 2", "Rock Band", "Slacker Radio", and in particular the 10-times-a-day-force-closing "Verizon Backup" could go away...
    I think we can deactivate them using that feature from ICS. They'll stop showing up as apps on the app drawer and, in the case of Slacker Radio and Verizon Backup, they should stop working. At least, I hope so!
    I choose Android...it's only logical.

Quote Originally Posted by dnhclark View Post
    All 5 of us Tbolt owners are excited about this.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    That was funny, thanks for the laugh! :-)
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Word of advise for those who will take the OTA; be fully prepared to do a master (factory) reset after installing it. It's usually needed after a major OS version upgrade to clear up wonky behavior and get things fully working again.
    what does that mean to me in layman terms?

Global Posts
    1,649 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by obidos View Post
    what does that mean to me in layman terms?
    OTA = Over The Air - if you're a layman that means "the way you will get the upgrade".

Basically, once the upgrade is complete, you may run into things that do not work properly. It may be advisable to do a "factory reset" after the upgrade is complete. This means your phone will be reset to a state similar to the day you bought it - you'll have to re-install all of your apps and they'll all be fresh installs, anything stored natively in the phone will be wiped out and lost (not stuff like pictures and music on the SD card, but any contacts you've stored on the phone and not on Google, things like that).

If all of your contacts and stuff are on Gmail, then honestly the most severe thing you'll have to do is reinstall the apps you want, re-log in to any online services you use, and re-do all your three-star levels on Angry Birds (grin).
    Thanked by 2:

thanks natehoy - I knew what OTA meant at least!

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Five! Awesome! I AM special!

Maybe if we rage enough again, we can continue to receive updates.

Thanks so much for ICS!!!! NOW GIMME KEY LIME PIE
    Mentor @ FRC# 3999

Has anyone received it yet? Tbolt owner here wondering if I should stop checking my darn phone all day like I did

They said it is coming soon. Not official date yet.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm running avast! and Lookout, and also using Google 2-factor authentication. Should I disable/remove those before I update and do a factory reset? I've read about some issues with Google 2FA when changing phones, and this will probably be almost like doing that. I know avast! gave me fits when I had to get a new SIM card.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I'm running avast! and Lookout, and also using Google 2-factor authentication. Should I disable/remove those before I update and do a factory reset? I've read about some issues with Google 2FA when changing phones, and this will probably be almost like doing that. I know avast! gave me fits when I had to get a new SIM card.
    I can't remember exactly, but I heard about someone having problems after a factory reset with Google 2FA specifically. So I would definitely turn it off/uninstall it before accepting the OTA.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by z71kris View Post
    or you could wait a day or two and get a full RUU which I am sure will be posted to here or android police or something...
    remember you can flash a full RUU in hboot, and DO NOT EXCEPT THE UPDATE IF YOU ARE ROOTED, PLEASE EITHER WAIT FOR A ROOTED VERSION OR UNROOT TO EXCEPT THE UPDATE!!! PLEASE LOOK BACK INTO OLD THREADS SEE ALL THE PROBLEMS PEOPLE HAD BECAUSE THEY ACCEPTED THE UPDATE WHILE ROOTED RUNNING STOCK!!!

Just some friendly advice!
    I never had a problem personally. I accepted all my otaz while rooted.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast