Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree28Likes

Default Re: It's HEEEEERRRE

He might be talking about some of the ICS ROMs, where the camcorder didn't work
    Ah! The occasional down-side to rooting.

My phone got the OTA window and began to download the ics OTA.
    Unfortunately I'm on the road and lost signal and it cancelled. It let me know I could update via settings menu.

I guess Ics on thunderbolt is real.

Downloading now!

I'm still not updating til others say its ok.

I'll let you know, my 2 years is up, worst case scenario, I'll go get a new phone after work, was hoping this would tide me over until the next big phone comes out.

UPDATE:
    • Huge file, not even half way done downloading on 4G
    • And now server is unavailable, Had to restart the download. ~350MB
    • Finally installed and seems to be running fine, no issues with apps not working right or anything, it has been stuck syncing since the phone booted back up, but doesn't seem to be causing any issues. Debating a factory reset though, just to be safe.
    Last edited by Randomhero180; 02-05-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    Thanked by:

I started downloading the file over 3G, but my 4g kicked in after 10 minutes and the file was only about 5% downloaded, so I started over on 4G. Downloaded in about 12 minutes over 4G. I took a shower while it was restarting/installing, and it was done when I got out.

I'd recommend deleting all of your text messages before taking the update; it took about 10 minutes to open my messages app. Also, there's several small problems with a lot of apps. For example, Temple Run 2 isn't quite fullscreen, there's a sliver of the edge missing on the sides of the screen. A reinstall fixed that though. There's a lot of new camera features, a data usage meter, lock screen app shortcuts, and a lot of small aesthetic features.

EDIT: Pretty sure screen capture doesn't work. Power+Volume Down doesn't put a screen capture anywhere in my gallery. Not sure if we were supposed to get that or not. Pressing the power button and home does a screen capture.
    Last edited by Shryne; 02-05-2013 at 01:42 PM.
    Thanked by:

Any lost pictures or needed to reinstall any programs?

Quote Originally Posted by Shryne View Post
    Pressing the power button and home does a screen capture.
    Cannot get this to work. Any tips? It seems weird that it is the power and home button and not the volume buttons.

EDIT: I got it to work with power button and volume down.... not sure how you got it to work with the home button

Really? I have the complete opposite results. Power+Volume Down doesn't work, Power+Home works.

I just read in the other thread you are supposed to be able to use either option

Same question here 1) do I have to unroot 2) can I do that without my laptop or do I have to use the tool that I used to root 3) what to do after I unroot - where do you go to get the update?

Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain11 View Post
    Hm.. I rooted my phone a few weeks back (just rooted, no roms or anything). Will I be able to get this OTA and install it fine or will it mess up since I'm rooted, even though I don't use any roms? I used revolutionary method if that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomhero180 View Post
    Cannot get this to work. Any tips? It seems weird that it is the power and home button and not the volume buttons.

EDIT: I got it to work with power button and volume down.... not sure how you got it to work with the home button
    The Bolt is weird like that. It works one way for some people and the other way for other people, which is why I included both ways in the other thread.

Sent from my ASUS TF5000T.

Quote Originally Posted by blackberryconvert2011 View Post
    Same question here 1) do I have to unroot 2) can I do that without my laptop or do I have to use the tool that I used to root 3) what to do after I unroot - where do you go to get the update?
    If you used trter's tool, then you'll have to unroot first to accept the OTA, but you can use trter's tool to unroot.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

offline update.zip available anywhere?

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    If you used trter's tool, then you'll have to unroot first to accept the OTA, but you can use trter's tool to unroot.

Super Su also has an option to unroot you, I think.

Sent from my Sense 4 ICS Thunderbolt with Tapatalk 2
    "I went back to Sense when I realized how much work I was putting into making AOSP look like Sense."
    Thanked by:
    ThunderboltTool Developer

ROM
    Liquid JB v2.1 Alpha6

Quote Originally Posted by d1c1ple View Post
    offline update.zip available anywhere?
    i second this

Quote Originally Posted by o0cdiddy View Post
    ...we should rename the TB the Menstrualbolt
    If you like something i have done and would like to contribute my nerd fund, you may do so here

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    The Bolt is weird like that. It works one way for some people and the other way for other people, which is why I included both ways in the other thread.

Thanks for posting both. Power, volume down worked for me. Power, home did not. Bizarre.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X

Power and Home worked on my phone.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hey guys, I'm going to shut down this thread because we already have another one going that was started when the update was deployed. Enjoy your ICS!

The other thread is located here, please feel free to continue discussion there. Thanks!
    --Chris [cole2kb]
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234