It's HEEEEERRRE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shryne

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I started downloading the file over 3G, but my 4g kicked in after 10 minutes and the file was only about 5% downloaded, so I started over on 4G. Downloaded in about 12 minutes over 4G. I took a shower while it was restarting/installing, and it was done when I got out.

I'd recommend deleting all of your text messages before taking the update; it took about 10 minutes to open my messages app. Also, there's several small problems with a lot of apps. For example, Temple Run 2 isn't quite fullscreen, there's a sliver of the edge missing on the sides of the screen. A reinstall fixed that though. There's a lot of new camera features, a data usage meter, lock screen app shortcuts, and a lot of small aesthetic features.

EDIT: Pretty sure screen capture doesn't work. Power+Volume Down doesn't put a screen capture anywhere in my gallery. Not sure if we were supposed to get that or not. Pressing the power button and home does a screen capture.

Last edited:

blackberryconvert2011

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Same question here 1) do I have to unroot 2) can I do that without my laptop or do I have to use the tool that I used to root 3) what to do after I unroot - where do you go to get the update?

Hm.. I rooted my phone a few weeks back (just rooted, no roms or anything). Will I be able to get this OTA and install it fine or will it mess up since I'm rooted, even though I don't use any roms? I used revolutionary method if that matters.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Cannot get this to work. Any tips? It seems weird that it is the power and home button and not the volume buttons.

EDIT: I got it to work with power button and volume down.... not sure how you got it to work with the home button

The Bolt is weird like that. It works one way for some people and the other way for other people, which is why I included both ways in the other thread.

Sent from my ASUS TF5000T.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Same question here 1) do I have to unroot 2) can I do that without my laptop or do I have to use the tool that I used to root 3) what to do after I unroot - where do you go to get the update?

If you used trter's tool, then you'll have to unroot first to accept the OTA, but you can use trter's tool to unroot.

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
If you used trter's tool, then you'll have to unroot first to accept the OTA, but you can use trter's tool to unroot.

Super Su also has an option to unroot you, I think.

Sent from my Sense 4 ICS Thunderbolt with Tapatalk 2

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The Bolt is weird like that. It works one way for some people and the other way for other people, which is why I included both ways in the other thread.

Thanks for posting both. Power, volume down worked for me. Power, home did not. Bizarre.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm going to shut down this thread because we already have another one going that was started when the update was deployed. Enjoy your ICS!

The other thread is located here, please feel free to continue discussion there. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.