Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default It's HEEEEERRRE

So who's reactivating their TBs just to get it? ;-)
    KoukiFC3S and kjohnson28 like this.

Default Re: It's HEEEEERRRE

Hm.. I rooted my phone a few weeks back (just rooted, no roms or anything). Will I be able to get this OTA and install it fine or will it mess up since I'm rooted, even though I don't use any roms? I used revolutionary method if that matters.

It says coming soon for me...

kjohnson28 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post

Just read this on AndroidPolice, and my jaw dropped so hard it almost shattered.

And dafuq you talkin' about reactivating? Some of us are still using this phone as our daily drivers, you know. LOL.
    Goat-Tee and masc69 like this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Randomhero180 View Post
    It says coming soon for me...

Yes, that means we're probably a month or so out, for those who remember the Gingerbread releases (both of them, the botched original and the actually pretty good one that eventually followed).

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    Yes, that means we're probably a month or so out, for those who remember the Gingerbread releases (both of them, the botched original and the actually pretty good one that eventually followed).
    I know, I shouldn't hold my breath...
    Spacemaker24 likes this.

All 5 of us Tbolt owners are excited about this.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 5:

ROM
    Stock

Now that "Verizon Backup" is force-closing on me 20-30 times a day, I'm really eager to get ICS so I can hopefully disable it.

Nothing says "suck" like having a force-close stop your Ingress attack on a portal, and by the time the app can restart your enemy has had plenty of time to remote-recharge the portal and laugh at you.

Now where is the Dinc2 update?

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

My upgrade eligibility started a week ago, was just about to upgrade to a GS3. Kinda glad I waited now, I can keep my thunderbolt for a couple more months while I wait for something new to come out.

This is almost on par with walking on water. A literal miracle has occurred. Of course it's a day (or half year) late and a dollar short for most people but still it is commendable that it is actually coming out. Unfortunately both HTC and Verizon have lost a customer for life over this debacle of a phone. I might suggest to Verizon in the future to have a micron of transparency and dialog with your customers who pay oh so much money for your service and phones. I don't really get it with companies like Verizon and Blizzard guarding even basic information like they were holding nuke codes.

Better late than never, I suppose. I'm glad my TBolt will have this update before I leave it behind for the N4. I did read this on Verizon's info page and I was shocked: Verizon Apps, Blockbuster, Rhapsody, Verizon Video and Mobile IM app have been removed. I wonder how that came to pass. I guess I won't need to deactivate these from the apps manager! LOL
    I choose Android...it's only logical.

So should i not go get my DNA tomorrow? Should I wait it out until the MWC?? What do you guys think?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Im totally shocked! It will be interesting to see the fall out from this one, LOLOL!!!! Im on the Rezound with ICS now and I like it. Best of Luck to all the remaining TBers, Im sure we will be hearing from you, LOLOL

It's a festivus miracle!

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Kind of excited, kind of worried. I am looking forward to Chrome and Nova Launcher, but I really hope this doesn't jack up my phone. It's still running strong and because of unlimited data, I'm not planning on upgrading any time soon.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    Just read this on AndroidPolice, and my jaw dropped so hard it almost shattered.

And dafuq you talkin' about reactivating? Some of us are still using this phone as our daily drivers, you know. LOL.
    LOL, oh I know, and I mean no disrespect. I was a Launch Day-er too, and I'd be right there too if I was able to resist.

But I will definitely reactivate the Bolt on my line to get the update when it's out there .. and you all have reported no bugs. ;-) I'd rather tuck her away in the backup bed having the latest and greatest it'll ever have.

Quote Originally Posted by Shryne View Post
    My upgrade eligibility started a week ago, was just about to upgrade to a GS3. Kinda glad I waited now, I can keep my thunderbolt for a couple more months while I wait for something new to come out.
    I'm on the same boat, update was perfectly timed to keep me with the tbolt until a good phone comes out.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain11 View Post
    Hm.. I rooted my phone a few weeks back (just rooted, no roms or anything). Will I be able to get this OTA and install it fine or will it mess up since I'm rooted, even though I don't use any roms? I used revolutionary method if that matters.

Just to be safe, I would recommend unrooting before accepting the OTA. Check out trter's tool; it should be able to take care of that for you.

CONGRATS to all the Bolt owners! It's about time Big Red got off it's big *** and released this update!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by umpirerob View Post
    Kind of excited, kind of worried. I am looking forward to Chrome and Nova Launcher, but I really hope this doesn't jack up my phone. It's still running strong and because of unlimited data, I'm not planning on upgrading any time soon.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2.
    Me too! I hope this upgrade comes problem free. I've never really had any issues with my day 1 TB.

Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post

I already upgraded to a Note 2 and now use my Thunderbolt just on wi-fi around the house (youtube device for toddler...). Is there anyway to get this update without re-activating it?

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

I doubt the Tbolt can handle an HTC Sensed ICS. Good luck to those who take the leap.
    Synycalwon likes this.

Well they made some room by deleteing some of their garbage pre-installed uninstallable apps. Still I will be cautious and wait till there are reports in about how well the update goes and if there are any brand new phone breaking bugs. I will be interested to see if my phone actually becomes usable with 4g again.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomog View Post
    I already upgraded to a Note 2 and now use my Thunderbolt just on wi-fi around the house (youtube device for toddler...). Is there anyway to get this update without re-activating it?
    Im in the same boat. I have a DNA now but still use my Thunderbolt over WiFi every once in a while.. is there any way for me to get the update?

Quote Originally Posted by dasaucemasta View Post
    Im in the same boat. I have a DNA now but still use my Thunderbolt over WiFi every once in a while.. is there any way for me to get the update?
    All you have to do is switch the sim right? You can't just switch it, update, and switch right back?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast