1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Manually programmed to page plus, everything ok for verizon?

I'm trying to sell my thunderbolt but it was manually programmed to page plus since page plus don't activate these phones. Will it be able to be activated back on Verizon easily or do I have to program it back to normal? I wouldn't think I have to do anything since it shares Verizon's services but I wanted to be sure so the new person can have a painless process. When I programmed it into page plus it only have me 1x data too so not sure if this will affect anything.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Manually programmed to page plus, everything ok for verizon?

By that, I assume you mean someone added and changed to a custom APN under "Wireless and Networks"? If so, the "Internet" / "vzwinternet" one should still be there, and your buyer should be able to select that and all should be well.

If you've loaded a custom ROM to use PagePlus, it should still be configurable to use Verizon again, though Verizon won't be too keen on it. You should be able to create a custom APN and set it up. I can post the APN settings from my stock Thunderbolt if you need them.

ROM
    Stock

PS: The best way to sell a Thunderbolt is locally, if you can, and arrange to meet the buyer at a Verizon store. Payment in full due in cash when the Verizon rep successfully activates the phone on their line. That way, the buyer knows they are getting a good phone, and you know you'll get paid.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

All I did was change the MIN number and a few of the other ones related to that number..I can't remember what the others were called but they were just basically the phone number.. I also updated the file for the towers.. petty much everything Verizon does in their over the air programming I did manually. I'm not running any custom Roms. I personally don't think I did anything that changed much but just wanted to be sure. I'm actually meeting the person locally and if they can't activate it I will gladly take it back.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

So the buyer tried to activate it and they said that the SIM/4G card won't activate. Verizon tried 5 different cards and it still doesn't work. Anyone knows why?

EDIT: After a bit of looking around flashing a RUU file for the thunderbolt will put everything back to new in box condition including all the information i've flashed? If so and someone can confirm that'll be great!! I need to get rid of this phone.
    Last edited by uEih; 02-02-2013 at 09:42 PM.

I CAN'T GET THE DATA UP on my HTC Thunderbolt on Page Plus

I've been working on this phone for 3 days now, and I can't seem to get the data up. With the 4g card in I can SEE the APN, but can't edit it. With the card out my phone won't let me see it. I don't know if the settings are right, so I'm going to try to attach screen shots of my settings. I hope someone can help me get data on this phone. I can call and text, but no data.

I don't know if this "photo thing" worked, but I have the photos loaded on Google+. I REALLY need this help.

not sure if this will help you butttt.

[MOD] Add APN editor to System Settings