Newbie question on Extended CASES and in particular Siedio

rainbow4jd

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Got the TB as a "hand me down" for my daughter. Had read all about battery life and bought a Seidio Extended Battery 3200 and bought a Seidio Extended Case off of eBay after watching a Youtube video on the case.

On our phone when you remove the ORIGINAL case/battery cover - it exposes the guts of the phone up at the top where the power button is - however, on the phone they show on eBay only the battery portion of the ORIGINAL case is removed and the power button / camera lense remains enclosed.

Am I making any sense here without photos?

So, the Seideio extended case I bought doesn't really fully cover up the innards of my phone at the top. i.e. I removed the original case and have put the Seidio case on it - but there are parts of my phone exposed - not covered up by the Seidio case - as they WERE by the original TB back case.

However, on Youtube - they show several reviews of the Seidio case and the TB they demo it with has a different back case design than I have on mine. The back case on MINE covers about 2/3 of the entire phone and runs from the top by the power button, down to just above the kick stand. Videos of the TB phone I've seen on Youtube - show a back case that is a "middle piece" it removes from just below the camera lensee to right above the kickstand (and in that regard the Siedio case I bought would work perfectly).

I'm wondering was their TWO versions of the Thunderbolt?

I guess I am also looking for a cheap extended case recommendation for the style of TB that we have.

Thanks everyone for your patience. This is our first smart phone.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
The Seidio battery should've come with a new battery cover. I have the actual HTC extended battery and it came with a new cover to make sure nothing was exposed. I also have the Seidio extended case which I love. If you don't have a full battery cover, you're going to have all kinds of signal issues because the antennas are in the battery cover.

The cases and the battery have nothing to do with each other. The batteries (if you get an extended one) should come with a new battery cover that fits over the battery, then you'll put a case over that. The Seidio Active Extended is an excellent case.

rainbow4jd

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Kind of just figured all that out. The battery I got was ebay (battery ONLY) - how was I to know - and from the Youtube video didn't understand that I needed a new cover also.

I just ebayed an "extended battery cover" for $4.00, and picked up a rubber and hard rubber extended "cases" (not covers) to then go over the entire phone with the corrected cover.

I also corresponded with the seller on the Seidio case he sold me and we both discovered that it was the wrong case - so I'm getting a refund there.

Hopefully, we'll be all up and CHARGED in a week or so.

Thanks for such a prompt and informative reply

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira