Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Default Re: Ics live on verizon

Just playing around with it; some times it's a small bit slower, some times it's actually a bit faster. The only problems I've had with it so far is my notes widget is extremely wonky and won't work right, and long pressing a couple widgets has been kinda iffy. Haven't done a reset yet
    Mentor @ FRC# 3999

I let a lot of the apps update, then did a complete reboot, runs MUCH better

Quote Originally Posted by Prinny Mask View Post
    Just playing around with it; some times it's a small bit slower, some times it's actually a bit faster. The only problems I've had with it so far is my notes widget is extremely wonky and won't work right, and long pressing a couple widgets has been kinda iffy. Haven't done a reset yet

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HalizDad View Post
    Seriously? I think the Note 2 is just a little (just a tad) more up to date than the T-Bolt...
    HAHA!! I thought i could bring out some of these comments! Actually, I'm still on the fence with the Note, its a bit difficult for me to use one handed, which truly could be a bit safer since I spend a lot of time on the road. It is super fast and I am starting to figure out some uses for the S pen. I really want to upgrade my Tbolt though, my wife is still using hers, if I take the SIM our of her bolt and put it in mine, will it update without causing any issues?

I'm having problems opening text messages. It seems like if I have only a few from a person it will open up but for people I text a lot, it just keeps saying "Loading.."

Quote Originally Posted by biglarrythree View Post
    I let a lot of the apps update, then did a complete reboot, runs MUCH better
    I'll reboot later, but I only have five that need to be updated; one of which is Facebook which "somehow" creeped back onto my device.
    Mentor @ FRC# 3999

I have downloaded and installed it and I have to say that I'm quite happy with the update. The phone works smoothly and I love the changes to the lockscreen, etc.
    I choose Android...it's only logical.

It seems to take a while to update all of the older stuff. Mine seemed to take at least 10 minutes just to load old conversations. My photos were similar -I thought I lost them for a while, until they were updated/loaded.

Try opening the message app and give it a while to load old messages.

What sorts of testing are you looking for? I may be able to help you out if you can walk me through it.

So far everything seems great.

Just started my download in Southeast Virginia.

installed, no issues at all

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

I'm rooted on a custom Rom, but I am so tempted to restore to my stock nandroid and download this, even though it would mean losing root.

Sent from my Sense 4 ICS Thunderbolt with Tapatalk 2
    "I went back to Sense when I realized how much work I was putting into making AOSP look like Sense."

How did you do that? I mean - where did you find them? I'm using Liquid's ICS Rom and I like it but I would love a stable radio and a video camera that works
    Quote Originally Posted by viper31573 View Post
    im rooted, but just flashed the new radios

ROM
    Stock

OK, downloaded it - took a few tries since my data connection kept dropping (maybe this is fixed with the new radios? please?).

So far so good. I run MobileIron and Touchdown, and both seem quite happy with the transition. ADW Launcher works fine, so I can't really comment too much on Sense. Swype Beta seems to run fine. Disabled all the bloat I could find and nothing is blowing up yet.

I'll report more in detail later, but I haven't found anything that does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    Disabled all the bloat I could find and nothing is blowing up yet.
    How do you disable apps in ICS?

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

I can't seem to change the other 3 lockscreen shortcuts. Only the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by mnfats127 View Post
    I can't seem to change the other 3 lockscreen shortcuts. Only the first one.
    Menu>Personalize>Display>Lock Screen Shortcuts>Choose Lock Screen Shortcuts>Click the ones you want to change

I'm on stock 2.3 and rooted, update keeps failing to install, keep getting the big exclamation mark before it takes me to CWM screen where it says something about bad signature. Seem to recall same issue when updating from 2.2 to 2.3 way back when. I can't remember the workaround, maybe unrooting required I think. Anyone else having this issue?
    ThunderboltTool Developer

ROM
    Liquid JB v2.1 Alpha6

If someone has the OTA zip please post it, im going to try to find temp root and work with rev to possibly get s-off

Quote Originally Posted by o0cdiddy View Post
    ...we should rename the TB the Menstrualbolt
    If you like something i have done and would like to contribute my nerd fund, you may do so here

ok, done. Took about 30 minutes to download and install. Been playing with it for about 30 minutes and can't see any problems so far.

Quote Originally Posted by blackberryconvert2011 View Post
    How did you do that? I mean - where did you find them? I'm using Liquid's ICS Rom and I like it but I would love a stable radio and a video camera that works

Best feature so far: restarting the phone takes less than 3 hours.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Randomhero180 View Post
    How do you disable apps in ICS?
    Settings / Apps / All / click on an app / DISABLE (upper-right corner).

In some cases, you need to revert back to the factory version of the app before disabling it.

ROM
    Stock

Reboot is a lot faster, and woah nellie I CAN TAKE PICTURES WHEN THE PHONE IS LOCKED! That's huge great news!

Oh, and critical function - Ingress works fine. I can continue resisting.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
    Last edited by natehoy; 02-05-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Global Posts
    516 Global Posts

There is an issue on my wifes TB that when she clicks on someone to text it will put random words in the text box without her typing anything at all.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randomhero180 View Post
    Menu>Personalize>Display>Lock Screen Shortcuts>Choose Lock Screen Shortcuts>Click the ones you want to change
    Yeah I can get there, it will allow me to change the first one, touching the blank ones does nothing.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast