Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Default Re: Ics live on verizon

Installed about an hour ago, no problems encountered yet.

That might be your problem. They aren't supposed to be blank... You should have by default. Phone/camera/messages/mail.

Try restarting?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by pkatz View Post
    Best feature so far: restarting the phone takes less than 3 hours.
    ROFL

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2
    808TBolt likes this.

No issues here. Stock.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Since people seemed to not be having problems I downloaded the update about 20 minutes ago. So far I'm seeing solid 4g again (26 down 10 up) for the first time in at least half a year. Amazing. My Thunderbolt has become fully operational again.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thundersome View Post
    Since people seemed to not be having problems I downloaded the update about 20 minutes ago. So far I'm seeing solid 4g again (26 down 10 up) for the first time in at least half a year. Amazing. My Thunderbolt has become fully operational again.
    I haven't done speed testing on 4g but on 3g I'm getting almost 1 meg down, 300 kb up, which is at least double my previous average.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X

Are you kidding? I've had the thunderbolt a couple of phones ago and now I have the Note II. Believe me this thing is a beast and the thunderbolt is a joke in comparison. By the way my wife still has my thunderbolt. The amount of difference in speed is like going back to 3G.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randomhero180 View Post
    That might be your problem. They aren't supposed to be blank... You should have by default. Phone/camera/messages/mail.

Try restarting?

Ah, well two restarts and the other 3 are still blank. oh well everything else is working fine so far.

Are you kidding? I've had the thunderbolt a couple of phones ago and now I have the Note II. Believe me this thing is a beast and the thunderbolt is a joke in comparison. By the way my wife still has my thunderbolt. The amount of difference in speed is like going back to 3G.
    Quote Originally Posted by braxtoq View Post
    Does anyone know if you will be able to upgrade over wifi only? I am not activated, ordered a Note 2 and want to decide if it would be worth it to send the Note 2 back and continue using the Tbolt now that we finally have ICS.

Quote Originally Posted by ateamlawn View Post
    Well, I mean, the Note II is a little bit newer than the Thunderbolt. /double entendre
    Even phones the generation after the Thunderbolt would look like a joke.
    Mentor @ FRC# 3999
    ddonahueiup likes this.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prinny Mask View Post
    Forgot to turn 4G on before updating; this is going to be a long wait.
    I started downloading mine w/o 4g running but, I just went in to network settings and changed it to cdma+LTE and it switched over to 4g and continued the d/l and install..

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wanzik View Post
    I'm having problems opening text messages. It seems like if I have only a few from a person it will open up but for people I text a lot, it just keeps saying "Loading.."
    One of the first things I did before "hard re-set" I opened my text and it took a full 30min to "re-compile" them. It puts them all in a "conversation" format. Hang in there / will take a while but, all should still be there !
    wanzik likes this.

I've tried to download this via Wifi but it keeps telling me SERVICE UNAVAILABLE. Check for software Update under settings when service is available.

I dont think you can download the Thunderbolt if you upgraded to another phone already. I still use my thunderbolt on occasion (an app for my job, hotschedules, doesnt work on my DNA) so I'd like to update my Tbolt to ICS. How hard is it to reactivate my Thunderbolt? Can I do it online? I remember back in the day it was easy to activate dumb phones online - can I still do that? Or do I have to go into a verizon store and have them reactivate my Tbolt?

Also is there any way for someone to download the OTA file and I can install it on my Thunderbolt myself?

I am still having troubles with texting. I let it sit and it finally showed everyone I had a text conversation with now none of them will load in any decent time. One conversation took over an hour to load and when I tried to get back in that same convo the loading screen was back and has been there for a half hour. Any solution ideas?

Every text window with different people pops up old messages in text window.
    Click a person bam old text is in text window. Delete it go back then open again. Bam more text.

All apps seem to work fine
    Screen shot with power button, home key..... working
    Not a real fan of the new unlock screen
    Over all nice, but seems real laggy

By the way Original bolter first weeker

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shryne View Post
    Holding down the home button to see your most recently used apps looks a lot cooler now. It shows you what was on the screen when you closed out of each app.
    I just watched a Youtube video that says these are actually running background apps, and you can swipe them left or right to actually close them. Interesting

This is true, it is how you exit apps, very nice feature for ice cream sandwich and above.

I would hope a phone released over a year since the tbolt was released would be better

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Ok, spent over 5 hours unrooting, going back to stock everything, had to download and install every update released by verizon, ics installed without any issues. Now what? Is it safe to root it again? Has anyone else rooted? I can't wait for the ROM chefs to whip up a new batch of debloated ROMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerboy2253 View Post
    Not a real fan of the new unlock screen
    Try Holo Locker. Pretty good for free. Obviously the paid version is much more versatile.

This is the battery life in my first drain cycle. All I did was a reboot, and just didn't plug the phone back in after it restarted.

At 80%, I turned off Wi-Fi and went to 3G; at 60%, I switched to 4G.

Someone might be all like, "it doesn't look like you have that much screen time," but it should be taken into consideration that I am not using the extended battery, or even Rezound battery, I'm using the stock Thunderbolt one that came with the phone since I got it.

As of the time of the screenshot, the battery is at 25%.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ics live on verizon-uploadfromtaptalk1360167595464.jpg  
    Mentor @ FRC# 3999

ROM
    Stock/BAMF Forever1.10

Down loaded yesterday and let it sit while sleeping (3rd shifter). Seems a little laggy but all in all not too bad. Takes a little getting used to the different way of opening and other things. Now maybe some of the devs will show some love and I can get happy with my rooted phone too. Need to check around and see I've been using the non rooted phone for so long because my favorite devs were showing no love to the Bolt. When you think about it some of the dev sites would be nothing if it weren't for the bolt because the bolt made many of those sites what they are today.

I used the revolutionary method to root my phone and get s-off, i didn't install any roms though. When I try to download this update I get a ! inside a triangle and a blue android guy. What method should I use to get rid of root and stuff so that I can update with this ota? (I'm still completely new to this, I'm not good with the terms or anything, I just followed his guide to root so that I can take screenshots)

I also seem to be stuck in a reboot loot after getting that ota update..

I posted a problem with SMS messages yesterday. I could open messages from everyone except my finance - it would just say "Loading..." left it for nearly and hour and nothing. I finally downloaded another SMS messaging app. It could be that I had over 3,600 messages with my finance but less than 100 from others. Yeah, 3,600 is a lot but it worked fine with the older app.

Quote Originally Posted by wfor1pilot View Post
    One of the first things I did before "hard re-set" I opened my text and it took a full 30min to "re-compile" them. It puts them all in a "conversation" format. Hang in there / will take a while but, all should still be there !
    Thanks for the info. How many messages? Just out of curiousity.

All of my Yahoo! email addresses were messed up for some reason. I ended up having to sign on to each account individually from my laptop in order to get the phone to be able to log in. Not sure why but it works now.

I haven't been able to get 4G since the upgrade. Had it before. I also noticed that the code to get into the hidden test menu no longer functions. (*#*#4636#*#*)

Quote Originally Posted by braxtoq View Post
    Does anyone know if you will be able to upgrade over wifi only? I am not activated, ordered a Note 2 and want to decide if it would be worth it to send the Note 2 back and continue using the Tbolt now that we finally have ICS.
    Interestingly enough, my new Note Deuce is in the box on my desk. I had the same thought as you - keep it or send it back. It came yesterday as I was downloading the update I thought we would never get. LOL! I had fun messing with the Bolt yesterday and this morning. I'm not normally one who has to have the latest and greatest all the time so I could live with it longer, but the Note does appeal to me with the bigger screen so I'm planning on keeping it. I got it for $189 so what the heck -- still $299 from Verizon. I guess I should bust it open pretty soon.
    Last edited by wanzik; 02-06-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast