Ics live on verizon

kvcobra

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
This is the battery life in my first drain cycle. All I did was a reboot, and just didn't plug the phone back in after it restarted.

At 80%, I turned off Wi-Fi and went to 3G; at 60%, I switched to 4G.

Someone might be all like, "it doesn't look like you have that much screen time," but it should be taken into consideration that I am not using the extended battery, or even Rezound battery, I'm using the stock Thunderbolt one that came with the phone since I got it.

As of the time of the screenshot, the battery is at 25%.

Congrats. No such love for me, though. 100% to under 40% in 3 hours with fairly heavy usage on LTE.

Attachments

• 2013-02-06_13-44-46.png
    2013-02-06_13-44-46.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 34

Prinny Mask

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Congrats. No such love for me, though. 100% to under 40% in 3 hours with fairly heavy usage on LTE.

You probably have as much screen time as I did, but I'm not really doing anything with my LTE. It's more like a test; before ICS, LTE would drain my battery by 10% in half an hour, without actually using it; now, it hardly seems to take more battery than 3G.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
fyi: GSam is a great free app https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...labs.bbm&feature=search_result&token=SNOJZnPT -- details your screen on time, what app is pounding your battery, etc etc

Gfel6wokxP_QbKZKUq94oRwboqvEkSfTzAA0gfr9PctxZ18CVoQewG6ifnK6D20y-MMT=h230

G-gU274pTvCR2Q2pV8XXLRUggSGHJEcpa3Z3hPssiCIKFL2i938nGlumowtkiI6B9yM=h230

msugrad598

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the update last night. Still getting used to everything, but there are 2 things I don't like. 1. I don't like that the notification volume is linked to the ringer volume. I used to set all my sounds on silent except my ringer at night, but now I can't do that because if my ringer is on, so are my notifications (email and stuff). Anyone know a way around this? 2. I use my phone as my alarm clock and the desk clock option is different. Instead of giving you a dimming option, there is just a docking option, which is way different than the usual desk clock. Anyone know of a way to dim the desk clock? I'm not new to ICS (my tablet came with it), but these are features that I don't use on my tablet.

steelcurtain11

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried the revolutionary method described in his post to unroot and get s-on, it says LOCKED and security warning in pink now, as well as s-on under that, but it's still rooted as I can take screen shots still, and when I try to download the OTA it'll fail, or after it downloads it just restarts back into that white screen with the pink highlited text on it and either hboot or fastboot highlited.

I followed the guide exactly as it said, I have no idea why it won't work.. gahh. I have endless reboots now, which I fixed by clicking "clear cache", but that option isn't on there anymore... clicking recovery just takes it to fast boot

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the update last night. Still getting used to everything, but there are 2 things I don't like. 1. I don't like that the notification volume is linked to the ringer volume. I used to set all my sounds on silent except my ringer at night, but now I can't do that because if my ringer is on, so are my notifications (email and stuff). Anyone know a way around this? 2. I use my phone as my alarm clock and the desk clock option is different. Instead of giving you a dimming option, there is just a docking option, which is way different than the usual desk clock. Anyone know of a way to dim the desk clock? I'm not new to ICS (my tablet came with it), but these are features that I don't use on my tablet.

The volume link issue is known and a "feature" of ICS and Jelly Bean. It's that way on my DNA as well. I completely agree - it's ridiculous and I hate it. There was quite a bit of ing in the DNA forums as well. I'm not aware of a workaround.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Spent a half-hour preparing the phone (disabled Google 2FA, backed-up the entire SD card to my computer, uninstalled/disabled security software). My Thunderbolt is now upstairs downloading over LTE, plugged in, and I have the kitchen timer set for 30 minutes. (Must..not...check...phone...every...2...minutes). I'll just sit here and sip on some tea and surf. No... really. Stop laughing.

EDIT: Well, it was easier than I thought. Even kept my wallpaper, unlike previous updates. Got Google 2FA back, and re-installed my security software. I like the look and feel and the size of the icon captions, and also that the folders now show miniature icons of what's inside. Now I can try out Chrome, too.

Only issue is likely to be the linked ringtone/notification volumes.

Last edited:

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried the revolutionary method described in his post to unroot and get s-on, it says LOCKED and security warning in pink now, as well as s-on under that, but it's still rooted as I can take screen shots still, and when I try to download the OTA it'll fail, or after it downloads it just restarts back into that white screen with the pink highlited text on it and either hboot or fastboot highlited.

I followed the guide exactly as it said, I have no idea why it won't work.. gahh. I have endless reboots now, which I fixed by clicking "clear cache", but that option isn't on there anymore... clicking recovery just takes it to fast boot

I'm confused. Were you able to get into recovery and restore a back-up? Did you try trter's tool or use the revolutionary unroot method? Did you try downloading the SuperSU app and using it to unroot? If you're rooted and accept the OTA, you're going to keep having problems, but I'm sure you know that already.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I don't have great suggestions for you for the notifications, but I do have a couple. 1) You could always change the notification sound to "silent" in the text, email, and whatever other app you want silenced at night. 2)You could figure out how to program Atooma or Tasker to do it for you. I don't know how to do it cause I haven't had any need to learn, but I know it can be done.

As for the clock, can you set the screen to 0% brightness before going into clock mode? I don't know, cause my retired Bolt is still on GB until someone releases the RUU, and I always dimmed it the way you did.

steelcurtain11

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I knew I needed to unroot in order to get the OTA, I wasn't sure about recovering from a backup only, but I think one was made when I used the Revolutionary method to root my phone. So I just went to the revolutionary thread and did what they said in order to unroot my phone, it says "locked" and "s-on" after I finished that, but it still wouldn't update OTA. My root checker app said I was still rooted too. So I tried trter's all in one tool to unroot too, but that didn't work on the very last step (probably due to me trying the other method first). I have a super user app installed and managed to use that to stop the OTA from rebooting my phone, but I"m lost from here. No idea how to just get back to stock and be clean again after trying both of these methods and all kinds of junk probably being changed inside my phone. I just hope I didn't screw it up for good.. I am eligible to get a new phone, but I'm just waiting to switch to TMobile and get far away from Verizon in a few months.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I knew I needed to unroot in order to get the OTA, I wasn't sure about recovering from a backup only, but I think one was made when I used the Revolutionary method to root my phone. So I just went to the revolutionary thread and did what they said in order to unroot my phone, it says "locked" and "s-on" after I finished that, but it still wouldn't update OTA. My root checker app said I was still rooted too. So I tried trter's all in one tool to unroot too, but that didn't work on the very last step (probably due to me trying the other method first). I have a super user app installed and managed to use that to stop the OTA from rebooting my phone, but I"m lost from here. No idea how to just get back to stock and be clean again after trying both of these methods and all kinds of junk probably being changed inside my phone. I just hope I didn't screw it up for good.. I am eligible to get a new phone, but I'm just waiting to switch to TMobile and get far away from Verizon in a few months.

I'm heading to dinner but when I get home, I'll try and walk you through it.

Sent from my DNA

steelcurtain11

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Thank you very much, just PM me if there's any additional info you need. I'm going to try that super user app you mentioned to unroot, then try the OTA .

Sokar

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey, where can I download this ROM?

OTA doesn't work for me. I've got BAMF Cubed and I want to start fresh.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The volume link issue is known and a "feature" of ICS and Jelly Bean. It's that way on my DNA as well. I completely agree - it's ridiculous and I hate it. There was quite a bit of ing in the DNA forums as well. I'm not aware of a workaround.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2
I don't have great suggestions for you for the notifications, but I do have a couple. 1) You could always change the notification sound to "silent" in the text, email, and whatever other app you want silenced at night. 2)You could figure out how to program Atooma or Tasker to do it for you. I don't know how to do it cause I haven't had any need to learn, but I know it can be done.

As for the clock, can you set the screen to 0% brightness before going into clock mode? I don't know, cause my retired Bolt is still on GB until someone releases the RUU, and I always dimmed it the way you did.

I just posted a Tasker workaround in the DNA forums today. I uploaded the profiles I created a couple posts below that link. Let me know if it works. :)

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
2. I use my phone as my alarm clock and the desk clock option is different. Instead of giving you a dimming option, there is just a docking option, which is way different than the usual desk clock. Anyone know of a way to dim the desk clock? .

Same here. On mine, I dim the display as far as I can (I use a Widgetsoid widget to do this), then go to the desk clock. At some point, the desk clock will turn to the "screensaver" mode with the time, day/date, and the alarm icon on its own. I woke up in the middle of the night, and noticed that it was after midnight, but it was still showing yesterdays day/date. Not sure if it was doing this before, and the correct day/date was on the main clock widget this morning.

I am also still looking into the ringer/notification link "feature." I've tried a couple of apps so far, and neither seem to work. I'll keep looking, but having to work around this is aggravating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21