Ics live on verizon

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if you will be able to upgrade over wifi only? I am not activated, ordered a Note 2 and want to decide if it would be worth it to send the Note 2 back and continue using the Tbolt now that we finally have ICS.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

biglarrythree

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep mines installing now! Cant believe a month shy of having this phone 2 years, were getting an upgrade!! I was soooo close to giving up around christmas and losing my unlimited data. This is a great day for all of us!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just deferred it until I can confirm that a few other people are working on it. Please post test results asap and thank you!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Can someone confirm if this update works via WiFi only

I don't know for sure, but in the past, I believe updates were available also at the HTC site, and one could do a manual update. (hopefully, I am remembering correctly...am I thinking of an earlier phone I had?) If true this time, then I can't imagine why one could not update via wifi.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if you will be able to upgrade over wifi only? I am not activated, ordered a Note 2 and want to decide if it would be worth it to send the Note 2 back and continue using the Tbolt now that we finally have ICS.

You can get updates over Wi-Fi (Verizon's instructions mention it here: Software Update: Thunderbolt™by HTC - Coming Soon! | Verizon Wireless). But I believe the phone needs an active SIM card to do so (to authenticate to either Verizon or HTC's system). As to the Note 2, IMO you'd be crazy to send it back. It's hands down a much better phone than the Thunderbolt in just hardware alone, not to mention it has Jelly Bean. No contest, game over man, game over! :p

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
When gingerbread came out, there were at least a hundred posts in this amount of time, many of them worried that the update server was overloaded and complaining about it not rolling out fast enough.

Do we really have so few thunderbolt users left?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
When gingerbread came out, there were at least a hundred posts in this amount of time, many of them worried that the update server was overloaded and complaining about it not rolling out fast enough.

Do we really have so few thunderbolt users left?

LOL I remember those days. It was fast and furious keeping up with all the threads and posts. Good times! :) But yah, I'd venture a guess that most have moved on. It's been almost two years since its release (around middle of March 2011).

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
LOL I remember those days. It was fast and furious keeping up with all the threads and posts. Good times! :) But yah, I'd venture a guess that most have moved on. It's been almost two years since its release (around middle of March 2011).

Of course, back then, we also had a prerelease RUU and many people reporting issues beforehand.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Seriously? I think the Note 2 is just a little (just a tad) more up to date than the T-Bolt...