Error Server Unavailable. ICS update.

mattsterful

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else getting this error when they try to update? I start the firmware update, it starts to download. Then it stops and a popup comes up saying ERROR: SERVER UNAVAILABLE.

It's really annoying. Been happening all day.

sent from my crappy thunderbolt...

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting this error when they try to update? I start the firmware update, it starts to download. Then it stops and a popup comes up saying ERROR: SERVER UNAVAILABLE.

Just hang in there and keep trying. The servers are probably busy, but eventually you'll get the OTA. This used to happen to me with every one of them.

Sent from my DNA

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Happened to me the first couple of times.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mattsterful

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea I got it to work after using about 4gigs of data... Awesome.

Other than that. The update worked out well. Only problem I had was one of my email accounts wouldnt log in. I had to delete it and put it back in. Works fine now.

SR388

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I'm still kind of wondering what the deal is with this error. I've been trying since Tuesday night to download the ota, but I just keep getting the "server unavailable" error.

The thing that I don't get is, on Tuesday night I got home and started the update and it was downloading, but I canceled it so I could backup my pictures and contacts. Then I started the download again- and it was working. I went off to dinner, and when I came back it was as if nothing had happened at all. No popup or anything.

Anyone know why I was able to start the download twice, but now I can't download it again (and I am spamming the poop out of Software Update)?

EDIT: Also, a while ago I attempted to unroot the phone. I thought it was unrooted- and I'm on the stock rom and stuff- but I booted into recovery and it says s-off at the top. Could this be the problem? And would it cause the update to negatively affect the phone anyways?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante