Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default widget to turn wifi on/off on ICS

Seems that the widget that let you turn wifi on/off with just one touch on gingerbread doesn't work the same on ICS. On ICS when you tap the widget, it takes you to the wifi settings screen and then you can turn it on/off. It's a step backwards if you ask me! Anyone know a work around?

Default Re: widget to turn wifi on/off on ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Duke View Post
    Seems that the widget that let you turn wifi on/off with just one touch on gingerbread doesn't work the same on ICS. On ICS when you tap the widget, it takes you to the wifi settings screen and then you can turn it on/off. It's a step backwards if you ask me! Anyone know a work around?
    Widgetsoid toggles do what you're looking for (on Jelly Bean, anyway - likely on ICS as well).

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    Widgetsoid toggles do what you're looking for (on Jelly Bean, anyway - likely on ICS as well).
    Definitely works on ICS -- currently running it on my Rezound... nice bonus that it installs in your notification pane.

You are correct - my old widget still left on the screen behaves now as you suggest. However, the stock Power Control widget behaves as you expect. One-touch on/off.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by eherberg View Post
    You are correct - my old widget still left on the screen behaves now as you suggest. However, the stock Power Control widget behaves as you expect. One-touch on/off.
    Thanks for that information. I went ahead and put that widget on my home screen.