What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
At first is was clunky but after a restart it seems to be running pretty smoothly. I know I'm on this phone at least until November so I think this will hold me over.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm just now flashing the rooted,deodexed and debloated version posted by Santod on InfectedROM today. I know I'll end up back on a custom ROM now that the official radios and kernel are out, but I wanted to try the official release.

GeneralMC51

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Still working my way around some of the menus, but overall I like it. Runs pretty smoothly, looks nice, and battery has definitely shown improvement (though that bar was pretty low!). No longer in a rush to drop money on a new phone (no way I can stick to the data caps VZW has forced for getting subsidies).

Only complaint so far: notifications aren't popping up on the top bar like before. Email works fine, but Words with Friends and Messenger seem to be rebelling. Anyone have an idea of what I perhaps forgot to check off?

thundersome

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
So far it's been a major improvement if only because the 4g dropout seems to have been remedied. Also nice is the ability to finally disable all the garbage VZ put on the phone and have their updates not show up in the play store. It would be even better if we were able to delete them altogether but this is better than nothing. Not sure how sense is though because I use holo launcher.

d1c1ple

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Will let you know when I get it. Wish OTA over Wifi Worked grrr... Worked fine on my old Droid2 Global.... Need offline update and how to process

Thomas Day

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
mine seems sluggish doing things like emailing or texting pics. I'll try rebooting to see if that helps. Also don't know if I like the lock screen behavior.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, it was easier than I thought. Even kept my wallpaper, unlike previous updates. I like the look and feel and the size of the icon captions, and also that the folders now show miniature icons of what's inside. Now I can try out Chrome, too.

Only issue is likely to be the linked ringtone/notification volumes.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Overall, everything seems to be running so much better. A bit sluggish here and there, but nothing too bad. It's like a whole new phone, and I think I can live with it until September now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ashburn013

May 16, 2012
Visit site
For me, first the phone was very sluggish, after that it seemed bit better. I notice the sluggishness here and there especially when updating apps. Does anyone know if a hard reset might help?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am quite pleased with the update both for ICS and for the changes in Sense. I like the new lockscreen and the ability to customize it. Everything is running smoothly for me as well, so I can't complain. I'm only keeping the TBolt as an active phone until the end of March and then I'm switching to an N4 but I'm glad it got the update as I intend to keep it as a media player and for gaming. :)

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm running the leaked version. The advantage wasn't immediately obvious. But after reading up on the improvements of ice cream sandwich over gingerbread, I'm liking it. I plan on staying rooted, so I'll probably wait a few days and then flash a Rom built off of the official release.

jrf1009

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving ICS but my phone is just a bit sluggish. The worst part is that it takes 20-30 seconds after pressing a contact name for it to make a phone call. I may have to try a hard reset this weekend if it does not improve.

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Any way to get the phone icon back to the center of the bottom tray? That's the only thing bugging me!
Open your window with all the apps. Click, hold, and drag the one you want to the tray. I think the "all apps" is the only one you cannot remove from the bottom tray.

As far as how I am liking it, I am not sure I notice anything significant. It looks a little different. Perhaps there are some features that I will learn to appreciate. Otherwise...the phone worked before and it still works. Perhaps over the next few days and weeks, I will find that the data connection issues (aka data drop) will be gone, but I have not had it long enough to be sure.

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried any aftermarket launchers? I'm using Hilo Launcher HD and I think it's smoother than stock. Holo, Apex and Nova all have free versions.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze