Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 102
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #76  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Well I factory reset the phone and now it's working a lot better since. Phone loads right away and it is pretty speedy. Sucked some hours lost but it also made me reevaluate what apps are necessary

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Unobtanium likes this.
  2. #77  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Factory reset fixed everything, both t-bolts working well.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
  3. #78  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Well,It's different. I like somethings about it,especially battery life. Only down side is I can't change notification and ringer sounds
  4. #79  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Try the app Sound Profile - it lets you separate the ringer and notification. I was annoyed by the same issue but this app solves it quite nicely.
    Thanked by:
  5. #80  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    So far my phone is completely unusable for any normal functions since this update. Games are fine as long as I have the patience to get to one and open it because of how slow and laggy everything is. I don't even text anymore because it drives me crazy. Can I somehow go back to gb cause ics sucks for me so far. I really don't want to do a factory reset if I can avoid it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkaine View Post
    So far my phone is completely unusable for any normal functions since this update. Games are fine as long as I have the patience to get to one and open it because of how slow and laggy everything is. I don't even text anymore because it drives me crazy. Can I somehow go back to gb cause ics sucks for me so far. I really don't want to do a factory reset if I can avoid it.
    I would do another factory reset in a heart beat over ginger bread and having to use go launcher. This is better IMO than ginger bread

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  7. #82  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by ronisize15 View Post
    I would do another factory reset in a heart beat over ginger bread and having to use go launcher. This is better IMO than ginger bread

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    I agree. A factory reset would make a lot of sense in the case above and would likely lead to fixing the issues.
  8. #83  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    So far I love the update. The phone is faster and I don't loose connection like I was before with several apps. With that being said, the one thing I don't like is that I can't have the volume be what I want. The slide bar now has set points now, and I want my notification sound to be inbetween the lowest setting and no volume. Is there something out there I can use to fix this?
    Thanks in advance
  9. #84  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by wolf howl View Post
    I agree. A factory reset would make a lot of sense in the case above and would likely lead to fixing the issues.
    I assume no pun intended when you mentioned "sense". :rolleyes:
  10. #85  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Hope you don't mind me jumping in because I'm normally on the Samsung forum.

    My friend got the new update on his thunderbolt and doesn't like the new ring swipe thing to open phone. Is there a way to take that off without rooting?

    He swears it wasn't there before the update but I think he always had a downward swipe thing to open.

    Thanks all!


    Sent from my Samung "Brick"
  11. #86  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Not sure you can turn off the new screen locker, it would be nice.
    It was not there prior to the update.
  12. #87  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by jodyberry View Post
    Hope you don't mind me jumping in because I'm normally on the Samsung forum.

    My friend got the new update on his thunderbolt and doesn't like the new ring swipe thing to open phone. Is there a way to take that off without rooting?

    He swears it wasn't there before the update but I think he always had a downward swipe thing to open.

    Thanks all!


    Sent from my Samung "Brick"
    The ring lockscreen is new for the TBolt as it is a feature of Sense 3.6. If he wants to get the downward swipe back, he'll need to use a lockscreen replacement app like .
    I choose Android...it's only logical.
    Thanked by 2:
  13. #88  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by Treknologist View Post
    The ring lockscreen is new for the TBolt as it is a feature of Sense 3.6. If he wants to get the downward swipe back, he'll need to use a lockscreen replacement app like .
    Big thanks!!

    Also with the widget locker can he take off the swipe completely?

    Sent from my Samung "Brick"
  14. #89  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by jodyberry View Post
    Big thanks!!

    Also with the widget locker can he take off the swipe completely?

    Sent from my Samung "Brick"
    Widget locker is a customizable lockscreen, so he can set it up as he wants. There's still going to be some kind of swiping, though, as that is how lockscreens work.
    I choose Android...it's only logical.
    Thanked by:
  15. #90  
    mman609's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    If what your friend is really trying to avoid is any swiping at all, the No Lock app shuts out the lock screen entirely. Awake the phone and you are immediately on the home screen. Not everyone would want their phone setup like this, but if you do, the No Lock app works well.
    Thanked by 2:
  16. #91  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by mman609 View Post
    If what your friend is really trying to avoid is any swiping at all, the No Lock app shuts out the lock screen entirely. Awake the phone and you are immediately on the home screen. Not everyone would want their phone setup like this, but if you do, the No Lock app works well.
    thanks I'll try that!

    Sent from my Samung "Brick"
  17. #92  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by rickp3131 View Post
    Sluggish is putting it mildly. Since last night's upgrade, I've rebooted a number of times hoping to improve performance. After one reboot, it stopped connecting to WIFI. The battery was completely dead after 2 hours so I did a hard reset. It connects to WIFI now but battery isn't much better; far worse than GB. There is a 2-5 sec delay when selecting anything. I'm getting use to answering the phone as swiping up doesn't respond immediately; it usually takes a couple attempts and consistent with the the 2-5 second delay.

    I really like ICS on my Nexus 7 and looked forward to this upgrade but seems the OS is too much for TB's technology. I upgrade phones in a couple months so can live with it for now.
    As an update, I had Ad Blocker Plus loaded on my TB but noticed it was consuming most of the resources so I uninstalled it. There has been a dramatic improvement since. The phone is slightly slower than GB but usable again. The biggest improvement is the battery. Before unloading AB+, I was lucky to get 3-4 hours with hardly any use. Today, I was back to typical use; 3, 15+ minute calls and checking emails. The batter hit the 1/2 way point. If this holds up, I may wait to upgrade phones to get a better deal.

    I also want to correct my previous post. My Nexus 7 has Jelly Bean, not ICS.
  18. #93  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Ok, I did the factory reset and thing seem a little better, cant find my beautiful widgets, also need help on one thing.
    I use touchdown for outlook email exchange. Now every time I get an email I get a sound notification. How do I turn this off?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #94  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerboy2253 View Post
    Ok, I did the factory reset and thing seem a little better, cant find my beautiful widgets, also need help on one thing.
    I use touchdown for outlook email exchange. Now every time I get an email I get a sound notification. How do I turn this off?
    You'll need to re download b.w. Idk about voice mail

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
  20. #95  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    I'll give my thoughts on the update.........

    Well, I woke up this morning with all my bags packed, just a little work to do before my flight. I pick up my T-bolt and find the thing is barely usable. Apparently Verizon rolled out the update with no option to accept or decline it. I wish I knew what the **** they were thinking......all my business contacts/etc are on the phone. Of course I have everything backed-up on the laptop but I shouldn't have to play with this crap hours before a business trip. I can't imagine the chaos if this had happened when I was on a customer site or on a conference call. The carriers need to quit treating these devices like they are only used for video games and facebook.

    I guess at this point I'll try the factory reset and see how it goes........
    Mike_is_Mike likes this.
  21. #96  
    jdd77's Avatar

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    I have the "sluggish" problem that many others have stated. Also, the battery drains significantly faster than with GB and I think this is due to how ICS handles backround data, syncing, and wifi. I'm sure there's a benificial reason for the power usage/battery drain tradeoff.
    A couple things I noticed:
    1. Even with Auto Sync turned OFF and mail and weather set to 'manual', I still recieve e-mail, weather, and app updates and can still access Google Play.. where as in GB I had to turn ON auto sync to access Google Play. ..So I'm not sure exactly whats going on in the backround.
    2. WiFi is constantly scanning and doesnt stay connected sometimes. I work 12 hour shifts and in GB, I always connected to wifi at work. In ICS, it seems to have trouble staying connected. When I get home, battery is at 20% less than it was in GB.
    3. There are alot of cool features in ICS but for some reason I can't access some of them. There is an 'inverted screen' option in Web settings that changes the backround to black and text to white. This makes it easy on the eyes in a dark setting. I can get to this menu but the option to select it is greyed-out.
    4. An option that- I think would save battery- is to disable wifi scanning, which can be found in the 'advanced' menu under wifi settings. But this too is greyed-out unless wifi is on (and why would I disable it while I'm using it?) ...It almost seems like I have a "restricted" form of ICS lol.
    5. Not sure if this option was here before ICS, but in settings-> privacy, there's an option to 'back up my settings' that is checked by defaut. I noticed this after I did a factory reset and found that everything was still on my phone.. even the wallpaper I was using before the reset.
    With the wifi, battery, and auto sync issues aside I am generally happy with ICS. Just think that its a little too much and a little too late for the Thunderbolt. If anything, its something new to play around with till I upgrade in 2 months..
  22. #97  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by yngstr View Post
    I'll give my thoughts on the update.........

    Well, I woke up this morning with all my bags packed, just a little work to do before my flight. I pick up my T-bolt and find the thing is barely usable. Apparently Verizon rolled out the update with no option to accept or decline it. I wish I knew what the **** they were thinking......all my business contacts/etc are on the phone. Of course I have everything backed-up on the laptop but I shouldn't have to play with this crap hours before a business trip. I can't imagine the chaos if this had happened when I was on a customer site or on a conference call. The carriers need to quit treating these devices like they are only used for video games and facebook.

    I guess at this point I'll try the factory reset and see how it goes........
    I agree and understand the frustration. I'd be rip roaring pissed if that happened to me. It's unfortunate that the only way to take full control over your device is to root it, then you have the option to block OTA updates and can then update if/when you see fit. When my Thunderbolt was my primary/only phone (Note 2 now) I did that, freezing the phone on the old 2.11.605.9 software from Dec. 2011. I also froze my Nexus 7 on the older 4.1.2 Jelly Bean software as I didn't like the constant update cycle which felt like being a beta tester for Google at times. But that (rooting/blocking OTA's) is not always practical for many or in fact possible if it's a work device. Many times there is nothing wrong with the older software and no justifiable reason to update it. If it isn't broke...
  23. #98  

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Still running well for me. I had some lag issues earlier today but they were ameliorated faster doing a simple restart.

    Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
  24. #99  

    Default Where did my Thunderbolt go?

    People always made fun of my HTC Thunderbolt for being a dinosaur even though it was faster than theirs and had more memory ...now it sucks just like their phone does. I would have been an HTC and Verizon customer for life now I cannot wait to get rid of both. My Thunderbolt is so messed up now it has taken me almost 30 minutes to post this comment. Sluggish would be an understatement! I loved my phone and now I feel like it has been stolen from me!
    Mike_is_Mike likes this.
  25. #100  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacdad View Post
    People always made fun of my HTC Thunderbolt for being a dinosaur even though it was faster than theirs and had more memory ...now it sucks just like their phone does. I would have been an HTC and Verizon customer for life now I cannot wait to get rid of both. My Thunderbolt is so messed up now it has taken me almost 30 minutes to post this comment. Sluggish would be an understatement! I loved my phone and now I feel like it has been stolen from me!
    What phones were u referring to lol?

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What is this icon that just appeared on the top of my gs3
    By androidguy2304 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 06:15 PM
  2. What is easy method to get ICS on my Sprint Epic 4G?
    By fred1955 in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 01:42 AM
  3. What is lowest I can safely go on space?
    By PapaNoHair in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 05:45 PM
  4. So what is everyone getting rid of to get the Thunderbolt?
    By coreymcl in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 09:45 PM
  5. Just curious: what is everyone using the homescreens for?
    By nightfishing#ac in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 11:25 AM

Posting Permissions

B