Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

At first is was clunky but after a restart it seems to be running pretty smoothly. I know I'm on this phone at least until November so I think this will hold me over.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Thundershed 1.3, stock

Default Re: What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

I'm just now flashing the rooted,deodexed and debloated version posted by Santod on InfectedROM today. I know I'll end up back on a custom ROM now that the official radios and kernel are out, but I wanted to try the official release.
    ddonahueiup likes this.

Still working my way around some of the menus, but overall I like it. Runs pretty smoothly, looks nice, and battery has definitely shown improvement (though that bar was pretty low!). No longer in a rush to drop money on a new phone (no way I can stick to the data caps VZW has forced for getting subsidies).

Only complaint so far: notifications aren't popping up on the top bar like before. Email works fine, but Words with Friends and Messenger seem to be rebelling. Anyone have an idea of what I perhaps forgot to check off?
    ddonahueiup likes this.

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 3++

Just wish it was here. Annoying to be registered in so many places.

So far it's been a major improvement if only because the 4g dropout seems to have been remedied. Also nice is the ability to finally disable all the garbage VZ put on the phone and have their updates not show up in the play store. It would be even better if we were able to delete them altogether but this is better than nothing. Not sure how sense is though because I use holo launcher.
    johnriii likes this.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Will let you know when I get it. Wish OTA over Wifi Worked grrr... Worked fine on my old Droid2 Global.... Need offline update and how to process

mine seems sluggish doing things like emailing or texting pics. I'll try rebooting to see if that helps. Also don't know if I like the lock screen behavior.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well, it was easier than I thought. Even kept my wallpaper, unlike previous updates. I like the look and feel and the size of the icon captions, and also that the folders now show miniature icons of what's inside. Now I can try out Chrome, too.

Only issue is likely to be the linked ringtone/notification volumes.

ROM
    Stock

Overall, everything seems to be running so much better. A bit sluggish here and there, but nothing too bad. It's like a whole new phone, and I think I can live with it until September now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X
    mightyfacundo likes this.

For me, first the phone was very sluggish, after that it seemed bit better. I notice the sluggishness here and there especially when updating apps. Does anyone know if a hard reset might help?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I am wondering about this as well

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by ronisize15 View Post
    I am wondering about this as well

Man I haven't used forums since my pre I have to remember to quote when replying

MERCDROID likes this.

I am quite pleased with the update both for ICS and for the changes in Sense. I like the new lockscreen and the ability to customize it. Everything is running smoothly for me as well, so I can't complain. I'm only keeping the TBolt as an active phone until the end of March and then I'm switching to an N4 but I'm glad it got the update as I intend to keep it as a media player and for gaming.
    I choose Android...it's only logical.
    ddonahueiup likes this.

Any way to get the phone icon back to the center of the bottom tray? That's the only thing bugging me!
    In a Galaxy Note 2 far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat-Tee View Post
    Any way to get the phone icon back to the center of the bottom tray? That's the only thing bugging me!
    Don't think so. I'd be curious to know if anyone has a "solution" to that!
    I choose Android...it's only logical.

I'm running the leaked version. The advantage wasn't immediately obvious. But after reading up on the improvements of ice cream sandwich over gingerbread, I'm liking it. I plan on staying rooted, so I'll probably wait a few days and then flash a Rom built off of the official release.
    Device: Verizon Note2

Dude, That's ICS.

I'm loving ICS but my phone is just a bit sluggish. The worst part is that it takes 20-30 seconds after pressing a contact name for it to make a phone call. I may have to try a hard reset this weekend if it does not improve.

Open your window with all the apps. Click, hold, and drag the one you want to the tray. I think the "all apps" is the only one you cannot remove from the bottom tray.

As far as how I am liking it, I am not sure I notice anything significant. It looks a little different. Perhaps there are some features that I will learn to appreciate. Otherwise...the phone worked before and it still works. Perhaps over the next few days and weeks, I will find that the data connection issues (aka data drop) will be gone, but I have not had it long enough to be sure.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    ROM
    SfK CM7

Have you tried any aftermarket launchers? I'm using Hilo Launcher HD and I think it's smoother than stock. Holo, Apex and Nova all have free versions.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    BB 8330 (Curve)---> 9530 (Storm) --> 8330 (Curve) --> 9650 (Bold) -->HTC - rooted Thunderbolt NuSunse 5.2 with NuKernel & Nook HD+ 32G - CM 10.2

Phone didn't work as a phone at all after update (crashes etc.) but after factory reset its a new phone and everything works better than ever. Sure wish they (Verizon HTC ) would have done this 6 months earlier. Like everyone else hope it will work till S4 arrives

I am sluggish and laggy doing things like emailing or texting pics. Also don't know if I like the lock screen. Since its been a few days and several reboots not sure its going to change. I use touchdown for emails via outlook and have used it for 2 years (day one bolter, I feel so old) and now its extremely slow. Even the original short cut for Wi-Fi takes you to another screen to now turn on/off.

So far not really impressed by the update. Of course I am one of the few that have never really had issues with my bolt from the start. Not rooted.

I do like chrome

Yes its like a new phone, but a sluggish one.maybe my wife is correct and I need to learn to slow down. This will help.ahhh more therapy!

My phone was very sluggish after update. I didn't want to do a hard reset. I uninstalled all the apps that I considered non essential. Set restrictions on bloatware. The phone now works great. I have added most of deleted apps back. It is a very smooth phone now.

I'm very happy with it. I am stock using Launcher Pro and things are great. The polished look is something I am really enjoying. (The only quirk so far is one particular email that keeps on returning even though I have deleted it a few times and have it set to delete from server) The thing that I am most pleased with is being able to run Google Chrome. I already deleted Dophin and all of it's add on's and haven't missed anything a bit. Also, being able to disable the bloat apps is great. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until September and I am now fine with that thanks to this update.
    ddonahueiup likes this.

The only way to do it is to load up a launcher. I prefer ADW, but Holo, Nova, Apex and others are worth checking out as well.

Sent from my ASUS TF5000T.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast