Text Messages and Drafts - ICS

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is a feature of ICS or if there is a setting that can change...

Before the upgrade if I were typing a text message to someone and backed out it would save it as a draft. Then if I clicked on that persons name it would not be there and I could write a new text. After the ICS upgrade if I type a message and go back it says it saves it as a draft, but then if I go back to the person I was writing it to the message is still typed and waiting to be sent and also saved in the drafts.

I use Swype, but also used the standard keyboard and have the same issue. Is this a feature of ICS? If so, can it be changed?

jdd77

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is a feature of ICS or if there is a setting that can change...

Before the upgrade if I were typing a text message to someone and backed out it would save it as a draft. Then if I clicked on that persons name it would not be there and I could write a new text. After the ICS upgrade if I type a message and go back it says it saves it as a draft, but then if I go back to the person I was writing message is still typed and waiting to be sent and also saved in the drafts.

I use Swype, but also used the standard keyboard and have the same issue. Is this a feature of ICS? If so, can it be changed?

It's getting very annoying. I gotta delete a text before I start typing a text. Everytime. I doubt it an ICS feature.
Hopefully this bug will be worked out soon.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Before the upgrade if I were typing a text message to someone and backed out it would save it as a draft. Then if I clicked on that persons name it would not be there and I could write a new text. After the ICS upgrade if I type a message and go back it says it saves it as a draft, but then if I go back to the person I was writing it to the message is still typed and waiting to be sent and also saved in the drafts.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want the draft to disappear when you back out and then go back to that person, right? It does this on JB as well, so I think it's just a feature of ICS. Sorry.

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Funny because I hated that it wouldn't do this prior to ics. I'm glad the feature is there seems like they should make that an option the user can use but god forbid you give the user power to use the phone the way they want too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01