1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Exchange will not sync after ICS Update...

Other than the phone being a little slow I had no issues with the update....except that I could not get my exchange account to sync. I deleted the account and added it back several times with no problem but I always get the message that "Synchronization is experiencing problems". After reading several threads here I did a factory reset hoping that would work. Now I have the account set up again on a totally clean phone but I still get the same message and nothing will sync. Any ideas??

Default Re: Exchange will not sync after ICS Update...

I have never used an Exchange Account, so I'm not sure what's going on. Hopefully someone else with some experience in this area can chime in and offer some help.

I work in IT at a corporation that offers ActiveSync and since this update was release to the Thunderbolt we have had at least two reports of ActiveSync not working after the phone was updated to ICS over the air. I'm scouring the web now for any possible solution or official response from VZW or HTC. If I come up with something I'll try and remember to add it here.

I am having the same issues. If anyone finds a solution, please post.

After trying several different things, I was able to get it to sync.

Although I removed my account and re-added it, I'm not sure that is required.

To get it to work, when I added my account back, I used the Push setting, instead of Every 15 minutes or manual. When it connected to exchange, I had to accept the activesync agreement.

Perhaps this agreement was only being sent from a push and not the other methods which caused it to stop syncing. If you haven't removed the account, you may be able to go in to your settings and just change the "Update Schedule" to Push.

I hope it works and saves someone the headache I experienced.