Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mightyfacundo
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thunderbolt Bricked?

Okay guys, I think I really might have messed up this time. So I had my Thunderbolt rooted, and found out that ICS finally was going to be released for my thunderbolt so I attempted to unroot. Anyways, let me jump to the point. I have clockworkmod v5.0.2.1 on my phone and it is still installed via revolutionary. For some idiodic reason I formatted the /system folder. After I made this rediculous mistake, I went in to try and do my restore, but I think it deleted my backup along with it. So I am stuck at HTC boot screen with no OS, no backup, clockworkmod will work, but I have no way of putting the OS back on. It also says it cannot mount my /sd-ext if that is related or matters. I also cannot do a factory reset because of revolutionary. It wont factory reset it due to hboot. IS there anything I can do or am I bricked? Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. I am by no means a pro at this obviously, so detailed insight would be fantastic. Thank you!!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Thunderbolt Bricked?

I basically just want it back to its factory state at this point in time. Additional info...when I try to factory reset, it says no apps2sd partition found. Skipping format of /sd-ext.

I don't think it's as bad as you think. You're gonna need an sd card reader. Put your Bolt's sd card into it, plug it into your pc, and copy a ROM to it. You can even grab Santod's OTA ROM if you want the OTA and then you don't have to worry about unrooting. Once the ROM is on the sd card, put it back into the phone. Then with it powered off, boot into hboot by holding down "power" and the "down volume" button. Choose the Recovery option, do a full wipe, and then flash the ROM. You should be all set. Let me know if it works.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Mighty, thanks a bunch for your reply. Unfortunately when I try to download it from your link on another site, it just says I do not have permission to download from InfectedROM Android Community Forums. Is there another link to download santod? Also, cant I just put my SD card in my girlfriends phone and get the file, then put it back in my phone?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Also, do I need the radios and all that or just the rom?

You have to register at InfectedROM, and then you'll be able to dl the rom.

It's a large file, and my Bolt had issues with dl'ing large files, but if it works for you, then sure. Although it might dl it to your internal memory and then you'll have to transfer it to your sd.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ugh this is frustrating, all the mirrors are just spinning and not doing anything on the dl

You could always dl another ROM just to get your phone up and running, and then dl the OTA ROM later.

Sent from my DNA
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Okay, I got the radio for now....when I changed it to PG05img.zip I am getting a error at hboot no image or wrong image. If I format my SD card to FAT32, I will lose everything, but I heard that fixes it. If I do this, will I lose clockwork etc? Should I just skip over the radio, and install the rom, or try to fix this first?

Are you capitalizing the IMG? Do you have it on the root of your sd card?

Sent from my ASUS TF5000T.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Yes, I figured it out.....seems that I needed to take the .zip off the naming convention. Now I am trying to download the damn rom if I could ever get it to work, it finally downloaded the radio and installed successfully. Once I get the rom downloaded, I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for all your help!!!

No problem. I'm glad you figured it out!

Sent from my DNA
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Oh my gosh you are a friggin genius! I want a hug. Thank you so much!

Cool. I'm glad your Bolt is back!

Sent from my DNA
    Thanked by:
    caseyg02 likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Even better that it is ICS!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Hello again, since the OTA update and having ICS, everything has been fine. Kind of laggy at times, but not complaining. I believe I will be going to the Galaxy S4 since I have an upgrade in May. I saw there was a new update for the bolt though, the first one I have seen on OTA since I flashed the ROM you advised me to. When I click ok to run the update, it just downloads it....it does not install. When I swipe down and click on the software update (thats downloaded), l click ok again, when I click it, it doesnt do anything. Any ideas?