White Triangle --- apparently replacement phone came rooted from Assurion

amyinva

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Woke up this morning to a white triangle/red exclamation point on my Thunderbolt. Couldn't get it to do anything. Pulled batery, booted back up, figured out how to get to a menu. Re-booted again .. tries to update, then back to white triangle. After Googling this problem for the past 30 mins or so, I've concluded that this phone is rooted (Revolutionary, I think, from the error messages on phone), and I guess it can't handle the update that was sent out. It was a refurbished replacement from Asurion, so I didn't root it.. heck I wouldn't even know how to root. How does a non-phone-geek fix this? Can I un-root it? Will factory reset fix it? I'm just three weeks away from an upgrade....just want a working phone.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If it is rooted can you get into recovery?

I'm not sure how to do it on a tbolt, but you can look it up.

If yes let me know what recovery it is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

amyinva

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Was able to clear cache and reoboot again, phone is working for now. But still want to stop updates or un-root so this doesn't happen again. Was able to get to Recovery ... but not sure what do so from there. Options are Fastboot, Recovery, Factory Reset, Simlock, Hboot USB, Image CRC.

bigberries

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the same message and did the same thing to fix to make the message go away. My phone was also a replacement from Asurion.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Was able to clear cache and reoboot again, phone is working for now. But still want to stop updates or un-root so this doesn't happen again. Was able to get to Recovery ... but not sure what do so from there. Options are Fastboot, Recovery, Factory Reset, Simlock, Hboot USB, Image CRC.

Check out trter's All- In-One Tool in the rooting section. His tool has an OTA blocker in it so you won't have to deal with this again.

Sent from my ASUS TF5000T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995