TREMENDOUS Battery heat!

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So I really did do it. Called Verizon last week and said "Ok Chanice, here's what I want to do. See how I currently have a DNA on this line? See how I used to have a Thunderbolt? Ok. What I'd like to do is activiate the Thunderbolt for only as much time as it takes to download the new ICS update. After it's done I'll call back and we can re-activate the DNA." "ok sir let me get that going for you .. and you don't have to call me back if you're not calling from your DNA, we can stay on the line".

One early hiccup is that apparently my Bolt's SIM card was "retired" during my DNA upgrade, so she had to send me another SIM card. That arrived the other day and I called back and got "Paul" who took care of things exactly as I needed. The ICS update downloaded and the everything went great.

One thing though - is there an issue with huge levels of heat during battery charging?? I had the Bolt plugged in as the update downloaded and during the whole restore process, and that sucker was HOT as heck when it was done!! 106 degrees according to my System Info app! And I sat here inside my office as it went, not in any direct sunlight.

Got home later in the day and plugged the Bolt in to recharge and holy crap, MORE tremendous heat as it recharged! What is the deal with that all of a sudden? I've never had that happen on my Bolt while it was my active phone with Gingerbread. Could a diffence in Android version really cause that much head build-up in the phone??

cgarr10655

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The first day after the update my phone hit 120 degrees while streaming Iheart radio. Charging it gets slightly warm. I have the extended battery.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Note, 106 is what the app said. ;-) It FELT like 1006.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781