WiFi always scanning post ICS
After the update, the battery life on this phone got pretty bad. Not being able to turn off background data is one of the reasons I think, but how ICS uses wifi is probably the biggest reason. I searched the internet for answers on how to turn it off and found that if you go to 'menu' -> 'settings' -> 'wifi' -> 'advanced' -> uncheck 'notify me when a network is available'.. it stops wifi from constantly scanning. BUT that option is greyed out, so I can't deselect it! Has anyone else encountered this problem?
- 03-06-2013, 06:31 PM #2
- 03-06-2013, 06:39 PM #3
- 541 Posts
Re: WiFi always scanning post ICS
I am using stock jellybean, and the continual scanning is driving me crazy. Sometimes it disconnects my Internet access (very strong signal given that I'm practical sitting on the router). Sometimes it just runs down my battery. I don't have an advanced section in my Wi Fi settings. Is there any way I can select my network manually, or some other way to save my battery? And my nerves? . Short of turning off the wifi connection every time I realize I'm not going to use it in the next fifteen minutes?
Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.
- 03-06-2013, 09:03 PM #4
- By jefrox01 in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 4Last Post: 05-10-2013, 02:07 PM
- By FrostyGTA in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 3Last Post: 11-17-2012, 04:34 PM
- By Karleen77 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 10-17-2012, 07:49 AM
- By kufta4 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 9Last Post: 11-27-2011, 11:01 PM
- By qisdtech in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 1Last Post: 05-29-2011, 07:56 PM