Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone can't find ICS after unroot & factory reset

I am sadly trying to get my Tbolt to find the ICS update after unrooting it from a Revolutionary root & the little blue Android, yellow exclamation, & white outline Triangle of Death. Unrooting accomplished via developer's tool from another Tbolt forum. OTA did nothing @ first & showed no values for Status & no new updates available. Now, 2 days later, it shows Status w/ the 2.11.605.19710RD update, which I take it is ICS. Shows Code:501, as well. However, using Check new is doing nothing but saying "No New Software Update Available". Do I need to remove battery & SIM to make OTA somehow find ICS out there in the great nether regions of Verizon? Anything to the rumors I've seen in various forums that Verizon can push the update to individual phones? Much obliged, most learn-ed ones!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Phone can't find ICS after unroot & factory reset

Quote Originally Posted by freegentile View Post
    I am sadly trying to get my Tbolt to find the ICS update after unrooting it from a Revolutionary root & the little blue Android, yellow exclamation, & white outline Triangle of Death. Unrooting accomplished via developer's tool from another Tbolt forum. OTA did nothing @ first & showed no values for Status & no new updates available. Now, 2 days later, it shows Status w/ the 2.11.605.19710RD update, which I take it is ICS. Shows Code:501, as well. However, using Check new is doing nothing but saying "No New Software Update Available". Do I need to remove battery & SIM to make OTA somehow find ICS out there in the great nether regions of Verizon? Anything to the rumors I've seen in various forums that Verizon can push the update to individual phones? Much obliged, most learn-ed ones!
    OK, R&R battery & SIM card did nothing to this situation. Nice.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Appears that Verizon is trying to push this to me, but it's failing. 2 days ago, around 4 a.m. EST, then again this morning, around 5 a.m. EST, it tried per Software update>Status. Each morning, I found "ERROR: Download failed" on my phone. So, what I'll do to test this out is leave Mobile Internet or Wi-Fi on over night, as well as plug the phone in to charge, so I have web connectivity & plenty of juice, since it appears the download is huge; i.e.~ 400 MB.

ROM
    Stock/Franco

Do you have a custom kernel? My nexus7 errors on otas with my custom kernel. I have to flash the factory kernel to get the update to install. Factory reset normally won't reset the kernel.
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Edwill86 View Post
    Do you have a custom kernel? My nexus7 errors on otas with my custom kernel. I have to flash the factory kernel to get the update to install. Factory reset normally won't reset the kernel.
    I sadly do not know what a custom kernel is. I did root my phone via nat3mil's Revolutionary rooting instructions on YouTube this past fall. ICS push from Verizon hosed my phone since I didn't know what to do re: that situation...so it's been factory wiped & reset a couple times over. Strangely enough, I got another Verizon update this a.m. for something that was ~ 60 MB in size & though I had Wi-Fi & Verizon web turned on, it still kicked the "ERROR: Download failed". Unclear what's up, but I don't think a custom kernel's my issue. Sadly, I'm a Windows/PC support dude & know nada re: these Android dessert-named OS's

ROM
    Stock/Franco

i no linger have t bolt if someone with one can post the current none ics kernel so he can check his that would be good. normally rooting does not change that but you could have messed something up..dont know.
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7

How did you get rid of ICS? I'd love to get my phone back to Gingerbread. I had so many problems trying to download it and when I finally did, I regretted it so much. I wish I'd never taken the update.

Go into "SETTINGS"..."LOCATION" and check VZW.

Hi, I unrooted my Thunderbolt (from Revolutionary) a few days ago, but I'm not receiving any OTA updates. I called both Verizon and HTC and tried all their little tricks, but nothing is working. They had me do the Google Check-In on Friday and said that would push the update to me later that night or the next night, but obviously that hasn't worked.

Is there anything you guys can suggest? I'm back on Android 2.2.1 and would love to actually get up to date

Here is my Software Information in case that helps:

Android version

Baseband version
    1.16.00.0402w_1

Kernel version
    2.6.32.21-gb05544a
    htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
    Tue Mar 1 16:38:55 CST 2011

Build number
    1.13.605.7 CL341545 release-keys

Software number

Browser version