Sold Rooted Thunderbolt VZW wouldn't activate

tweakage

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Recently sold a rooted Thunderbolt with Liquid ICS ROM. As the title says Verizon would not activated the phone. The buyer brought the phone into the Verizon store and they said the phone had unauthorized software on it. Therefore it could not be activated.

Not a big deal really. I just gave the guy his money back and took back the phone.

My question is if I return the phone to stock settings will it be possible to resell the phone and have it activated or will my phone be blacklisted by Verizon?

This is the first time I ever tried selling a smart phone as you can probably tell, so any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would doubt it. Anything is possible but most likely in this situation the Verizon store/rep probably noticed it was rooted and running custom software and just handed the phone back to the customer telling them it couldn't be activated due to this.

Probably answer your own question by calling Verizon and inquiring about the status of the device.

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Recently sold a rooted Thunderbolt with Liquid ICS ROM. As the title says Verizon would not activated the phone. The buyer brought the phone into the Verizon store and they said the phone had unauthorized software on it. Therefore it could not be activated.

Not a big deal really. I just gave the guy his money back and took back the phone.

My question is if I return the phone to stock settings will it be possible to resell the phone and have it activated or will my phone be blacklisted by Verizon?

This is the first time I ever tried selling a smart phone as you can probably tell, so any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

You have to un root before it has any chance of getting activated. That means just do a factory reset if looking to sell then it should return with all the bloat ware like let's golf 2 etc

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown