Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Default Sold Rooted Thunderbolt VZW wouldn't activate

Recently sold a rooted Thunderbolt with Liquid ICS ROM. As the title says Verizon would not activated the phone. The buyer brought the phone into the Verizon store and they said the phone had unauthorized software on it. Therefore it could not be activated.

Not a big deal really. I just gave the guy his money back and took back the phone.

My question is if I return the phone to stock settings will it be possible to resell the phone and have it activated or will my phone be blacklisted by Verizon?

This is the first time I ever tried selling a smart phone as you can probably tell, so any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Sold Rooted Thunderbolt VZW wouldn't activate

I would doubt it. Anything is possible but most likely in this situation the Verizon store/rep probably noticed it was rooted and running custom software and just handed the phone back to the customer telling them it couldn't be activated due to this.

Probably answer your own question by calling Verizon and inquiring about the status of the device.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Default Re: Sold Rooted Thunderbolt VZW wouldn't activate

Quote Originally Posted by tweakage View Post
    Recently sold a rooted Thunderbolt with Liquid ICS ROM. As the title says Verizon would not activated the phone. The buyer brought the phone into the Verizon store and they said the phone had unauthorized software on it. Therefore it could not be activated.

Not a big deal really. I just gave the guy his money back and took back the phone.

My question is if I return the phone to stock settings will it be possible to resell the phone and have it activated or will my phone be blacklisted by Verizon?

This is the first time I ever tried selling a smart phone as you can probably tell, so any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    You have to un root before it has any chance of getting activated. That means just do a factory reset if looking to sell then it should return with all the bloat ware like let's golf 2 etc

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums