Verizon HTC Thunderbot with ICS Volume Control

Android Chicago

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I just spent a week reading numerous forums and posts for my volume control problem. A problem a lot of people seem to be experiencing.
Have hope. I'm pretty much technologically illiterate (as I'm sure many of you will be able to figure out by the words I use in this post). So if I can figure out how to get my phone working properly again, I'm sure you can as well.
First, I have an un-rooted HTC Thunderbolt (Model ADR6400L). I was happy with Gingerbread. When my phone notified me that the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade was available, I thought "Upgrades are a good thing right? What could go wrong?"
As many of you know, one of the biggest problems that popped up was that ICS fused my incoming phone call volume/ringtones with my notifications (text message, emails). Now when I received an annoying 3A email my Thunderbolt would sound just as loud as if I were receiving a call.
My fix was going to the Google PlayStore and downloading the free App "Sound Profile" by Corcanoe. Follow the settings in the App. Make sure to go to your Thunderbolt settings (Menu>Settings>Accessibility, Under "Services" click on the name of your new App "Sound Profile" and allow it access to your system. Then REBOOT. As I found out the hard way, if you don't reboot, none of this will matter. A good first clue that you performed everything correctly is that when you are in "Calls only" mode, the phone vibrate icon will be displayed up top. On side note, when you are in "Calls only" mode your clock alarm, timer, etc. will continue to work and alert you (unless you choose to change that function as well). I haven't had this App long enough to notice any affect on my battery life.

ICS is also messing with a few of my favorite Widgets, but that's another issue. I hope this helps you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay