Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Error message on lock screen after ICS and factory reset.

My thunderbolt recently got the ICS upgrade and I performed a factory reset to hopefully fix some of the issues I was having. I still have some problems, but the phone isn't anywhere near as slow as it was. My concern now is that I am constantly getting a message on my lock screen with a big picture of a SIM card that says "Activating your phone.... Please wait until your phone has been activated and restarted. This process could take up to 2 minutes."
    I am able to use the phone as usual. No issues with making calls, or using my data plan. Not sure why I am getting this message though. I cant seem to get it to go away even after restarting, taking out the battery, and taking out the SIM card.

Anyone else see this??
    Error message on lock screen after ICS and factory reset.-2013-02-25_07-36-26.png

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Default Re: Error message on lock screen after ICS and factory reset.

How long have you let it "activate" if you turn off mobile network then turn it back on try. It may just be "stuck" I'm just not 100% sure another thing did it prompt you for a password? If so enter 1111 as that is default. Good luck message back
    jaboop!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I have let the phone sit on the lockscreen until it turns back off. When i unlock the phone, the message goes away. I only see it when it is locked. I have tried turning the phone off and on, removing battery, sim, memory card, etc. It did not ask me for any type of password. From what I can tell, it isnt actually doing anything other than popping that message up. Doesnt appear to be activating anything.

I have an HTC Thunderbolt. After the last big upgrade I am also getting this same message at the lock screen. First reboot it went away eventually (i prefer to see the weather app). Second reboot it has not gone away and the phone has sat overnight. It is very annoying.

ROM
    Stock rooted

Are there any updates for this? Just rooted the phone and I'm seeing this message as well.
    You know, I've never met anyone like you before. Usually when I meet someone new I feel awkward and shy. But with you it's different.

ROM
    Stock

I sometimes get that message for days after a factory reset. It tends to go away on its own, and the phone works fine so I don't sweat it.

Sometimes, but not always, pulling the battery and SIM card for 10 minutes or so will cause it to re-provision when it restarts. This can sometimes cure this ill, and oddly enough sometimes cause it.