Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

Default Stellar battery life when using a non-usb charger?

As you can see in the picture, the battery is at 76% at about 8 hours after disconnecting from my home charger. Found a charger lying around at work and decided to plug it in for an hour. After disconnecting, (and to my surprise) the battery remained at 81% for 6 hours before I plugged it back in when I got home. The charger I use at home comes apart to double as a usb cable. The one I used at work does not. After this incident, I am wondering if the type of charger used makes a difference in battery life, or was my Tbolt just being nice?

Note: phone usage was the same throughout the day (a couple e-mails and texts, occasional web browsing).

Default Re: Stellar battery life when using a non-usb charger?

A different charger might charge the battery faster, by a little bit, but it will have no influence on what the battery does once it's unplugged. And whether the cable disconnects or not doesn't make any difference, either. It looks like the major reason for the slow drain is that you didn't use the phone much.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

Default Re: Stellar battery life when using a non-usb charger?

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    A different charger might charge the battery faster, by a little bit, but it will have no influence on what the battery does once it's unplugged. And whether the cable disconnects or not doesn't make any difference, either. It looks like the major reason for the slow drain is that you didn't use the phone much.
    Thats why I posted this-I didnt use the phone much the whole day and the difference in battery drain after 1 hour charge is astounding. I work 12 hrs. and as you can see in the pic, the heaviest use was in the first 2 hrs. before I left for work. The next 5 hours I hardly used it but the battery steadily dropped before I charged it agan, for an hour. The last 6 hours on battery the phone remained at 81% with the same light usage as the prior 5 hours. In fact, as you can also see in the pic, the awake and screen on times were a little bit more in the last half of the day. My question is: if I didnt use some mega-super phone charger, how could this be?