Not playing videos in websites

Bigleftyinaz

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what's happening or know how to fix.. When browsing websites,I can't play the video in the box. All i get is a blank box or a box with a tiny blue square in it. I can watch youtube on the site,but not you tube embedded in another site. When i click on my flash player settings,it opens up a blank window also with a tiny blue box.

So,What do i have to do to get this phone to work like it should.

Thanks

quickdraw86

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what's happening or know how to fix.. When browsing websites,I can't play the video in the box. All i get is a blank box or a box with a tiny blue square in it. I can watch youtube on the site,but not you tube embedded in another site. When i click on my flash player settings,it opens up a blank window also with a tiny blue box.

So,What do i have to do to get this phone to work like it should.

Thanks

it would be helpful if you posted your Rom, whether you're running ICS or not, things of that nature. Imbedded flash videos don't work by default on CM7 based roms or on ICS... If you get a third part browser with flash, it should work fine regardless, I.e. opera, photon, etc.

Bigleftyinaz

May 23, 2011
Visit site
it would be helpful if you posted your Rom, whether you're running ICS or not, things of that nature. Imbedded flash videos don't work by default on CM7 based roms or on ICS... If you get a third part browser with flash, it should work fine regardless, I.e. opera, photon, etc.
I don't know any of that stuff.
This is all i know-android-4.0.4
htc sense 3.6

Where do i find ROM version.

Thanks

quickdraw86

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know any of that stuff.
This is all i know-android-4.0.4
htc sense 3.6

Where do i find ROM version.

Thanks

If you're unaware of any of that information, it's likely you aren't rooted or running custom software. If that's the case, just download opera or photon browser from the market, go into settings, app associations, and set one of those two browsers up to handle URLs by default... Official flash video support ended with the introduction of android 4.0, but some alternate browsers have the embedded flash video functionality built in (photon, opera, etc.).