Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Not playing videos in websites

    I don't know what's happening or know how to fix.. When browsing websites,I can't play the video in the box. All i get is a blank box or a box with a tiny blue square in it. I can watch youtube on the site,but not you tube embedded in another site. When i click on my flash player settings,it opens up a blank window also with a tiny blue box.

    So,What do i have to do to get this phone to work like it should.

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    quickdraw86's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    ROM
    Thundershed 1.5

    Default Re: Not playing videos in websites

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigleftyinaz View Post
    I don't know what's happening or know how to fix.. When browsing websites,I can't play the video in the box. All i get is a blank box or a box with a tiny blue square in it. I can watch youtube on the site,but not you tube embedded in another site. When i click on my flash player settings,it opens up a blank window also with a tiny blue box.

    So,What do i have to do to get this phone to work like it should.

    Thanks
    it would be helpful if you posted your Rom, whether you're running ICS or not, things of that nature. Imbedded flash videos don't work by default on CM7 based roms or on ICS... If you get a third part browser with flash, it should work fine regardless, I.e. opera, photon, etc.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Not playing videos in websites

    Quote Originally Posted by quickdraw86 View Post
    it would be helpful if you posted your Rom, whether you're running ICS or not, things of that nature. Imbedded flash videos don't work by default on CM7 based roms or on ICS... If you get a third part browser with flash, it should work fine regardless, I.e. opera, photon, etc.
    I don't know any of that stuff.
    This is all i know-android-4.0.4
    htc sense 3.6

    Where do i find ROM version.

    Thanks
  4. #4  
    quickdraw86's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    ROM
    Thundershed 1.5

    Default Re: Not playing videos in websites

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigleftyinaz View Post
    I don't know any of that stuff.
    This is all i know-android-4.0.4
    htc sense 3.6

    Where do i find ROM version.

    Thanks
    If you're unaware of any of that information, it's likely you aren't rooted or running custom software. If that's the case, just download opera or photon browser from the market, go into settings, app associations, and set one of those two browsers up to handle URLs by default... Official flash video support ended with the introduction of android 4.0, but some alternate browsers have the embedded flash video functionality built in (photon, opera, etc.).
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Not playing videos in websites

    Do a search for how to re-install flash. It won't work with Chrome browser, but should work with the stock browser.

Similar Threads

  1. *Solved the problem playing video in website/internet browser!
    By RevBoys in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 01:38 PM
  2. Not playing video (Flash/Espn.com)
    By Visual360 in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 11:34 PM
  3. Music player not playing tracks in order.
    By Raneciansamaiya in forum AT&T Galaxy S3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 02:56 AM
  4. Can Not Play Video?
    By mscalero in forum Motorola Droid 2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2011, 01:08 AM
  5. My EVO not playing video
    By eoford in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 11:13 PM

Posting Permissions