- 94 Posts
Prongs on Rear of Thunderbolt
Two of the 4 metal prongs on the back of my Thunderbolt have sheared off. The two left-side ones. I'm just curious which ones do what. Are these the Data signal & GPS signal? I've been having horrible data reception 1X or no signal mainly, and my GPS has been having issues as well. I'm debating putting tinfoil in there or something to boost reception... Any help is highly appreciated.
EDIT: I just tightly crumpled up some tinfoil, then turned on the phone. It went from 1x/no signal here at my work desk to 4G, then down to 3G. But hasn't gone back to 1x since. Seems this may work fine 'til I get a new phone.
- 07-09-2013, 05:28 PM #2
- 3,035 Posts
Re: Prongs on Rear of Thunderbolt
That's correct, the connection points on the battery door are for the LTE and GPS antennas. LTE is the one with the two contact points and is closest to the hole for the camera (see pic below from: AnandTech | HTC Thunderbolt Review: The First Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone)
- By voweeks in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 7Last Post: 08-19-2013, 04:39 PM
- By Daniel.Lynch in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 4Last Post: 07-09-2013, 08:28 PM
- By itic in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2013, 04:51 PM
- By Alicea972 in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 0Last Post: 07-08-2013, 03:15 PM
- By tnt76 in forum Facebook HomeReplies: 0Last Post: 07-08-2013, 02:22 PM