Verizon Thunderbolt -- real name for the Incredible HD?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
This is a name that we've heard floating around for a while, and now that Droid-Life's heard it, too, guess that means it's a strong possibility.

Whatcha think? Thunderbolt (or Droid Thunderbolt?) better than Incredible HD, maybe?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hmm its okay Droid thunder but I still like dinc hd just wish it were hd. But I can see Thunderbolt for the speed but Droid Inc HD just sounds right

Last edited:

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I would totally buy a phone called the Droid Thunderbolt... I bought one called the Droid Incredible, for crying out loud. I thought it was a little pretencious at first, but after using the phone, the name grew on me. I'm sure this one will, too.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thunderbolt isn't too bad but it's pretty hard to top "Incredible" when naming your line of phones, especially when they live up to their name. I'd reconsider changing the name of the series if I was Verizon's marketing department. I keep having flashbacks to those BB Storm ads.....

Reactions: shipwrestler125

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I think Incredible HD is a bit misleading since the screen isn't HD. I'd prefer Mecha over Thunderbolt though. Thunderbolt sound really obvious for their first 4G phone because of their ads, but it also sounds really generic.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
As long as it is actually DROID Thunderbolt, and not just HTC Thunderbolt, then I'm good.

(tranlation: as long as it doesn't have Bing, then I'm good) ;)

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'll wait to see battery life reports before springing on this phone...I have a bad feeling about how quickly the additional radio will suck up juice, and I haven't seen anything to indicate HTC is using a newer, less thirsty screen technology to help out.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
As long as its not BING'ed, they can call it anything they want.

I'm going to wait a while after CES to see what is coming out. Don't want to jump on the first "new" thing without seeing whats just around the corner.

I have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket....I..CAN'T..WAIT.........