01-03-2011 08:58 PM
- Our two-year contract rolled over to a month-to-month plan around the Thanksgiving holiday of 2010. With the envy of going out and getting a shiny new smartphone (and finally wireless data!) I was torn between the Incredible and the Droid X. I loved the features on the Droid X, but wasn't so sure as the feel in my jean pockets. I absolutely love the HTC Sense UI, and it would be my preferred skin for an Android device, but the Incredible had been out for awhile and I figured the larger screen would become a selling point in the future. Still not being able to make up my mind, I figured I would wait a week or two to make up my mind. Still nothing. Wait a month, thinking new devices would be out for Christmas, still nothing. It's now 1/1/11 (yay!) and I think it will serve me well to wait to see what comes out of CES.
Having seen all of the rumors for the new HTC Thunderbolt, I am pretty pumped to see the device. I now we will find out on 1/6, but I need a release date! If the "Thunderbolt" isn't expected to hit stores until late Feb/early March, I don't think it will be worth the hassle of waiting. My crappy WM SMT5800 is making me want to pull my teeth out. I believe I made up my mind to get the DX if nothing new is expected anytime after the beginning of Feb, but what do you guys think?
Should I wait for CES devices (in hopes of being able to buy a 4G phone with use only on 3G), or jump on the wonderful promotions that one could get on the DX or Incredible. Well, that brings me to my next point... Incredible or DX?01-01-2011 12:02 AM
- I personally am in the same situation as you, but with a samsung rogue that is nearly broken. I would wait for the CES, see the release date, and judge it from there.
Personally, in the DINC vs DX, I'd go with the DX if you don't mind to bigger screen. I like the DINC a lot, and would choose it over the DX if the battery life wasn't so horrendous.
You can't go wrong with the DX though, the community for it will still be strong after 4G LTE, so it would still be a great resale.01-01-2011 02:16 AM
- Smitty_82Android AddictHonestly, if you are not in an area that will have LTE right away I would go with the DX and wait on the LTE phones. There might be a few things that would we worth it but I don't think the overall specs we will see in Jan devices will be a huge step from the X. And since you don't want to wait any past Feb 1, you would still be in your 30 day return window.
As for me, I love my DX but both are great devices.01-01-2011 02:25 AM
- Honestly, if you are not in an area that will have LTE right away I would go with the DX and wait on the LTE phones. There might be a few things that would we worth it but I don't think the overall specs we will see in Jan devices will be a huge step from the X. And since you don't want to wait any past Feb 1, you would still be in your 30 day return window.
As for me, I love my DX but both are great devices.
I would love to take advantage of the 30 day, but there is a slight chance we may order phones from a third party online website, such as Amazon. I don't believe the 30 day still applies.01-01-2011 10:22 AM
- bigkWhere's the juice again?Just keep in mind that it seems now a days that there's a new smart phone out every other month. If I was in a situation like yours I would wait for them to announce what 6 phones they plan to release in the future at CES 2011.
Then compare what Verizon announces at CES to what they offer now. If there's nothing at CES 2011 that interests you then go with a current 3G phone that you can buy right now.01-01-2011 01:09 PM
- I am in the same boat waiting to see whats announced at CES to see if it is worth the wait or not. I love sense and want a big screen so thunderbolt seems perfect but I do not want to pay extra for 4G when It's not anywhere near me right now. If its optional Im in if it is mandatory like the EVO I will probobaly be torn between the X or INC seeing as I love sense but want a big screen and to make it even tougher the INC is free and droid x is 199 lol decisions decisions01-02-2011 01:00 PM
- tropperSmarty PantsPersonally for me Im ready for an upgrade the 18th Im waiting to find out Lte pricing, whether or not they charge lte price if you have a 4G phone even when you dont have it in your area yet. And if they do then Ill jump on the Dinc its fast and fits in your pocket. The DX is fast, pretty and wears the Moto Blur user interface which I dont like very much (its a personal thing) Some people dont like HTC's sense which I do.
Granted I want the Droid Thunderbolt even tho it has a huge screen that wont fit in my pocket but if the specs are right, then it will run like a raped ape! An I got the nanners an some rope so comeer munkey01-03-2011 12:12 PM
- Don't rule out the Dinc just because it's older. It matches the DX in just about everything but screen size, which is really up to preference. And the battery life isn't "horrendous". It's not great, but it's not significantly worse than any other smartphone out there. Its battery issues are greatly exaggerated (I have little trouble getting a full day of moderate use out of the stock battery).
But really, wait for CES. Don't jump on the Dinc or the DX just yet.01-03-2011 12:39 PM
- i got my INC on Dec 23rd with my upgrade. I've been very careful with it so i can return it depending on what Thursday brings. For me the selling point will be the bigger screen which isn't a must but will be nice, and the front camera. If it had a keyboard, even better. I waited for the Merge for that reason and nothing came of it.
hopefully the wait won't be too long. especially if I have to go bavk to my old omnia which is barely functional.01-03-2011 07:59 PM
- I got my DInc and I am past my exchange window by about two weeks, so depending on when this phone ships I will be selling my DInc w/ HTC Extd Battery and getting this bad boy. The DInc is great for pocket size and great power, but I really need the larger screen (No more Moto).01-03-2011 08:58 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD