Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Price?

Any one got an idea how much the thunderbolt is gonna cost?
    Smarty Pants

Global Posts
    827 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mcwolves32 View Post
    Any one got an idea how much the thunderbolt is gonna cost?
    Prolly in the 500.00 range with no 100.00 mailing rebate anymore
    but if we switch to esurance we can save 522 samoleans, clams, greenbacks, dough enough to buy one!
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Estimated at $599

Carrier
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

I'm hoping that Verizon sticks with their price point for on-contract smartphones though, in that I want to see it released at $199 for 2-yr contract and $269 for 1-yr.

Probably $299 with a $100 MIR. Seems like all normal edition Droid are released at that price or lower. Only Droid higher than that was the R2D2.

Hit up your Best Buy store, they typically apply the MIR up front so you don't have to hassle with it.

Carrier
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Hit up your Best Buy store, they typically apply the MIR up front so you don't have to hassle with it.
    And sometimes will have it cheaper to boot!
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS / Stock

I would expect $200 after rebate on 2/yr contract. I could see it being as much as $250 on contract but that would surprise me.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DolfanCole View Post
    And sometimes will have it cheaper to boot!
    i was curious on this, does it matter getting a phone at best buy as opposed to a verizon store? if we have a NE2 upgrade does best buy honor the money off as well?

No more 2 year contracts for me period. I will pay the extra $70 for a 1 year contract and not look back. I am used to paying retail at times but no more.

Carrier
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ej View Post
    i was curious on this, does it matter getting a phone at best buy as opposed to a verizon store? if we have a NE2 upgrade does best buy honor the money off as well?
    I don't know for sure on this. Sorry. I bought my BB Tour from Best Buy last year on the day it was released. Best Buy had it $50 cheaper than Verizon (again, it was the day it was released -- didn't have to wait for it to drop down in price). But, my line was not the primary line, so I didn't have the NE2 discount to use.

No price and mid first half 2011, great way not to finish Verizon.

No price and mid first half 2011, great way not to finish Verizon.
    im with you 100%
    they might have well just left it under that black cloaking thing like in the BS ad.

VZW:

"here you go, we're introducing to you something that will blow your socks off and you can have it and all, except we cannot tell you when and how much it will cost! - BUT - you can still have it!"

it's as if this is their mentality..
    "it's not like it's a phone being released on our network, why would we give you a price or know to tell you when it will be released"

let me upgrade my "storm" 1 already

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Always Flashing Who Knows

I always go to radio shack or best buy or on Craigslist if its cheap at the time of looking for a certain phone and Both of the store are not more the a block away on ether and there is a ATT and sprint a few buildings apart and I walk into both stores and see these ridiculous prices and you hit up radio shack or best buy and you see super low way better prices like $100-150 less with no mail in rebate crap a lot better

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

I would wager on a price of at least $199 for the TB, though if I were betting money it would be closer to $249.
    Journeyman

Carrier
    A

If i get this, im paying full retail. Wonder how much the full would be
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TitansJonne View Post
    If i get this, im paying full retail. Wonder how much the full would be
    Its closest relative (Evo) is $599, so it would be near there or slightly higher.

No more 2 year contracts for me period. I will pay the extra $70 for a 1 year contract and not look back. I am used to paying retail at times but no more.
    I'm with you on that one.

You know the real suckers are the iPhone buyers who will get the 4th Gen when it launches in the next month and then of course the 5th gen will come out in June and we can say "suckers" you can't return it, you can't upgrade it, your stuck with it unless you pay retail. Bwahahahahahahhhaha
    Journeyman

Carrier
    A

You know the real suckers are the iPhone buyers who will get the 4th Gen when it launches in the next month and then of course the 5th gen will come out in June and we can say "suckers" you can't return it, you can't upgrade it, your stuck with it unless you pay retail. Bwahahahahahahhhaha
    I couldn't buy an iphone is the first place. Iphones always bring BIG FEATURES that have been available for quite some time. What's next? The Iphone 6G Bringing you the worlds first Iphone with a removable battery.
    Journeyman

Carrier
    A

And if there smart, they'll just sell there iphone on ebay at least to make up for paying full retail. That's what im doing with my incredible. 600 bucks for the TB if i get it minus 300 for the incredible. Not bad.