After 1/11/11 @ 11 am

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Once we get past this date and time, hopefully then we will get something better. There are lots of people on and off Verizon who want an iPhone, but they really should wait.

It does make me wonder that once the iPwn launches and Verizon gets more happy with themselves on how great they are will it delay our Android phones further and push everything out to Q2, meaning HTC TB goes into April, Moto in May etc.

One has to wonder how those execs think sometimes. I have hopped carriers before and will do it again. Sure its a pita, costs money and isn't really much fun but neither is being held hostage by Apple and Emperor Jobs who thinks he rules the galaxy.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
If that holds and the TBolt doesn't see action until April, I may as well hold on to my upgrade until the Bionic comes out. As much as I love Sense and hate Motoblur, With Verizon shaking up the upgrade timeline I will need a phone that can still give the illusion of relevance in 20 months. A single core phone isn't going to do that if and when honeycomb starts dropping to phones as google suggests...

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
VZW said that they would start rolling phones out in March and the TBolt seems like the most ready-to-go of the bunch.

My interest in this meeting is if they announce anything pertaining to LTE in the terms of pricing. I'd like to see Verizon come in at the same or lower than Sprint just build competition but I'm not holding my breath.

One has to wonder how those execs think sometimes. I have hopped carriers before and will do it again. Sure its a pita, costs money and isn't really much fun but neither is being held hostage by Apple and Emperor Jobs who thinks he rules the galaxy.
How they think is simple. Verizon is a business and want to make money, plain and simple. The way for them to make money is to start supporting the iPhone on their network. I don't think that this will have any impact on their other phones as Apple will 100% control the rollout of the iPhone much like they did with AT&T.

Verizon knows they have a huge market right now with Android as a lot of people are bailing on BB & WM for it so I don't anticipate them to alienate that group of customers.

ejz28

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
not to mention, most of the people that will run out for an iphone are probably not on this site. they are the verizon subscribers who will want the new it phone for verizon and i'm sure they will literally be millons of them right away. its sucks it comes at the expense of us that want a new android and we will probably have to wait.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
If that holds and the TBolt doesn't see action until April, I may as well hold on to my upgrade until the Bionic comes out. As much as I love Sense and hate Motoblur, With Verizon shaking up the upgrade timeline I will need a phone that can still give the illusion of relevance in 20 months. A single core phone isn't going to do that if and when honeycomb starts dropping to phones as google suggests...

A good thing to remember here is that Honeycomb DOES NOT have a minimum processor requirement:

http://www.androidcentral.com/morrill-no-minimum-processor-requirements-honeycomb

So the TB with the very latest Qualcomm proc currently available on the market will be able to handle Honeycomb just fine. But you're right, a dual-core proc would be able to handle it even more so

But the way technology is exloding lately, there is nothing out there that will remain king of the crop for 20 months. If Moore's law holds true (which it perfectly has now since the 1960s), then the phones released 20 months from now will be twice as good as anything we saw at CES last week. I know it sounds crazy to hear, but 6-8 months after the almighty Atrix drops, something even better will be on the horizon

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for putting it in perspective, Biff... My gut is telling me to just get the TBolt and hack the piss out of it!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for putting it in perspective, Biff... My gut is telling me to just get the TBolt and hack the piss out of it!

That's why I am going to get the ThunderBolt, so much support for HTC devices and the DesireHD is a solid base for the TB and we know GB will be on this sucker by hack or by force but it will be there.

I will agree if I didn't read the site daily time may pass by more quickly, but then what would I do with all of my idle time. I guess I will plan for world domination, forget that its better to be a part of the Android Community.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech