Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Launch Day Predictions

So with the advent of the iPhone 4 on Verizon, what are we going to see for launch day on the Bolt? I doubt they're not going to launch the phones on top of each other.They might, they'd be the first to release two major phones on opposite platforms the same day. Can you imagine the lines that day?

I'm guessing February launch for iPhone and March launch for Bolt.

I just want a release date for the Tbolt or the Bionic.

i was hoping the TBolt would be released this month. I purchased the incredible in Dec and want the bolt instead so i was going to use my 30 day return to get it. it's the Front facing camera that i want. based on threads i read, it seems that's the only major difference between the two. i'm not a heavy user so i don't need the new new stuff people are anticipating. i just want a phone i'll be happy with for theses next 2 years.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

i'm going to go with around March 17th, i stole this from another thread....

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am going to say at LEAST 1 month from whenever the IPhail comes out, which right now looks like Feb 10. March 17th is as good a date as any...
    "In valor, there is hope."

Quote Originally Posted by moliva1568 View Post
    i was hoping the TBolt would be released this month. I purchased the incredible in Dec and want the bolt instead so i was going to use my 30 day return to get it. it's the Front facing camera that i want. based on threads i read, it seems that's the only major difference between the two. i'm not a heavy user so i don't need the new new stuff people are anticipating. i just want a phone i'll be happy with for theses next 2 years.
    Verizon is getting rid of 30 Day and making it 16 so i would check into that

I would think that wouldn't be retroactive just like the upgrade change wasn't.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

At least a month after the iphone because they wouldn't want to launch a better phone (which the TB is) then the iphone to soon

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

So you are saying that now Verizon as well as AT&T are being held hostage by a smug and pompous ***... Great! I hope all those people running to get the IPhone 4 on Verizon realize there phone is already about a year old, and are stuck with it for 20 months.
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

So many of my co workers at best buy are telling me how they are getting the iphone the day it comes out. Im just laughing on the inside. im not even going to tell them there making a huge mistake and that a new iphone is coming soon. Meanwhile, i'll be getting the TB which will be the best phone on verizon until the bionic comes out.
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Maybe. Best phone on Verizon for what I want to do with it will be the TBolt. Call me old fashioned, but I crave a complete user experience over a couple of miliseconds of speed... and I want complete command over my device. If by some chance Moto forgets to lock down the bootloader I will give the Bionic a serious look.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

The iPwn will sell millions, and those poor suckers will get stuck and sign on for 2 year deals, it happens, its sad.

I will not be signing anymore 2 year deals, I will get my wife the Verizon iPhone, I will remain Android. Pretty simple reason she liked it, and actually used it, that for me is huge. She married a total gadget geek and she is not the least bit interested in tech.

Global Posts
    1,432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous 3.2 & Kernel v3

Quote Originally Posted by sandoff View Post
    Verizon is getting rid of 30 Day and making it 16 so i would check into that
    Right, but it will only apply to purchases made on or after Jan 16th

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    She married a total gadget geek and she is not the least bit interested in tech.
    Word. Sounds like we are in similar boats!

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    The iPwn will sell millions, and those poor suckers will get stuck and sign on for 2 year deals, it happens, its sad.
    True, but biggest disappointment about the VZW iPhone to me is lack of 4G since I'm in one of the markets. Although many here bash it, iPhones are nice and easy to use. In fact, if not for the evil iPhone, the great Android devices like the DInc, TB, etc. would probably not be around and we'd all probably be stuck with Blackberries.

As a practical matter, I don't see enough improvement in the iPhone over my DInc to upgrade before my contract is up. The TB's 4G is very tempting but I really do love my DInc now.

Quote Originally Posted by bkorver View Post
    So you are saying that now Verizon as well as AT&T are being held hostage by a smug and pompous ***... Great! I hope all those people running to get the IPhone 4 on Verizon realize there phone is already about a year old, and are stuck with it for 20 months.
    That's the thing, most of the people that are going to get this outdated iphone don't even realize its a year old, nor do they care...they are looking at the name brand and what everyone else has...
    *PHILLIES* *FLYERS* *EAGLES*
    "The Island brought us here"...got LOST

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts

January 27th

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

I like 3/17. 5 weeks after the I phone launch. Sounds about right.

The big joke will be the I phone forum will be full of people complaining that they ordered thier phone the first week and they still don't have it yet. I don't think anyone has any idea what to expect for volume.

ROM
    Stock for now!

I disagree, The Iphone is a great phone because it works like it is supposed to. I'm on the fence about taking my fascinate back because of all the problems and lack of updates. I sold my HTC eris for the fascinate. I will say that HTC makes a better phone and updates them. I'm waiting on the thunderbolt or maybe the Iphone, or whatever comes out next week
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jas o View Post
    I like 3/17. 5 weeks after the I phone launch. Sounds about right.

The big joke will be the I phone forum will be full of people complaining that they ordered thier phone the first week and they still don't have it yet. I don't think anyone has any idea what to expect for volume.
    Which is why Apple's been building them since Fall. They'll have plenty, though pent-up demand means they probably won't be able to keep up.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by roxy surf View Post
    That's the thing, most of the people that are going to get this outdated iphone don't even realize its a year old, nor do they care...they are looking at the name brand and what everyone else has...
    The iPhone went on sale in June. Not exactly a year, now is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    The iPhone went on sale in June. Not exactly a year, now is it?
    No, I know, lol, its just a shame for the people who really wanted the iphone for Verizon when they are going to release a new one in a few months...makes sense on Verizon and Apples part though...I just hate that I have to wait even longer for the phone I want because of it, lol
    *PHILLIES* *FLYERS* *EAGLES*
    "The Island brought us here"...got LOST
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by roxy surf View Post
    No, I know, lol, its just a shame for the people who really wanted the iphone for Verizon when they are going to release a new one in a few months...makes sense on Verizon and Apples part though...I just hate that I have to wait even longer for the phone I want because of it, lol
    Lol. Well, them's the breaks. Look at it this way; because the iPhone will be out, you won't have to deal with those people when you go to get your thunderbolt.

I think a lot of the people getting the new iPhone on Verizon (especially those coming from AT&T, which could be as high as 30%(!) of AT&T's iPhone customers) will just upgrade when the new one comes out anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by bkorver View Post
    Word. Sounds like we are in similar boats!
    i'm right there with you guys as well. i try explaining to my wife about how cool android is, and custom roms/themes and she could care less. lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast