Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Would you say.....Thunderbolt is another Evo

would you say the Thunderbolt is another Evo but for Verizon....?
    Last edited by Big D5; 01-16-2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Fix title
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

That's how I look at it. The Thunderbolt is an Evo for Verizon and the Bionic is the second version of the DroidX. Both great devices.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thats true..... the only thing i like more about the Thunderbolt is the back.... the design of the back looks better to me than the Evo.

No, I wouldn't. Better processor, better GPU, more RAM, LTE, and Dolby speakers.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Obviously they've been revamped but the Thunderbolt does resemble an Evo and the Bionic is Motorola's step up from the DX.

My question is then, do you go the TB route or wait a few months later and get the Bionic. Is the Bionic with dual core worth the extra wait? Personally i need a new phone ASAP and not on ATT's network anymore.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

There's a thread here covering this:http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...vs-bionic.html

Well, doesn't the TB have the 2nd gen Snapdragon? That will definitely help a lot.
    I feel like it'll be fast enough to handle whatever app you throw at it, but we don't necessarily know until actual tests.

Evo - MIUI 1.1.28

^----Old signature.

flip phone, bb curve, pre, evo, evo3d, s4.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Well, doesn't the TB have the 2nd gen Snapdragon? That will definitely help a lot.
    I feel like it'll be fast enough to handle whatever app you throw at it, but we don't necessarily know until actual tests.
    Yes, updated Snapdragon which will help the battery life also.
    Joined the Android Army '11
    Current Android ~ Nexus 5
    Like A Bo$$

Global Posts
    852 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would say it's fair to compare it to the Evo, but I also think it's fair to say this phone is superior in just about every measurable way...
    "In valor, there is hope."
    Thanked by:

Yes it is... A duplicate, replica, lookalike, imitation, you name it - it's the same.
    Nexus Lover

Global Posts
    1,268 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

In my opinion, the thunderbolt is better. it has a better processor, more RAM, LTE, dolby sound, and a preinstalled 32 GB micro SD card.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Add me on Google+

Link

Quote Originally Posted by SUB-dawg View Post
    In my opinion, the thunderbolt is better. it has a better processor, more RAM, LTE, dolby sound, and a preinstalled 32 GB micro SD card.
    EXACTLY right my friend.
    Joined the Android Army '11
    Current Android ~ Nexus 5
    Like A Bo$$

ROM
    Stock (for now)

New HTC Sense
    New Snapdragon, which is more power efficient, has more potential for overclocking, and is just all around better than the old one.
    SLCD screen rather than the EVO's LCD screen (those who complain it's not Super AMOLED: remember what happened with the Dinc...).
    More RAM
    Probably more phone memory and internal storage
    32 gb microSD card included (whoa, eat that iphone, this'll probably be cheaper than the 32 gb version, too).

It's a pretty decent step up. Not a huge one, but yeah...

Dual core is nice, but we don't know when an Android version that supports it fully will come out (rumored to be Honeycomb).

Global Posts
    5,015 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

It's not an Evo since the Evo is not the family of devices hat HTC built these off of. Each one is unique to its own specifications based on what the carrier wanted and what was able to be offered at that time.

Similar in shape, size, weight, but internals are updated so that does not make them the same. Sprint is likely working on their next Evo or maybe it won't be an Evo it could be called something else.

Playing with a friends EVO is what instantly turned me off of blackberry. So, if the Tbolt is anything like the EVO, I'll be very happy. Keep in mind I don't know much about Android yet
    *PHILLIES* *FLYERS* *EAGLES*
    "The Island brought us here"...got LOST
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

It is like the evo + dolby srs a kickstand a better CPU but smaller batter and more RAM and no ugly circles around the home keys. Its like the desireHD but with a front facing camera, larger battery and better CPU. Its also like the DInc but a lil bigger better CPU different battery size and differnt version of sense. You can compare it to Droid X but its not, my point is it's a thunderbolt and different than everything else.
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by tropper View Post
    It is like the evo + dolby srs a kickstand a better CPU but smaller batter and more RAM and no ugly circles around the home keys. Its like the desireHD but with a front facing camera, larger battery and better CPU. Its also like the DInc but a lil bigger better CPU different battery size and differnt version of sense. You can compare it to Droid X but its not, my point is it's a thunderbolt and different than everything else.
    Great point

You can compare any 2 phones some may have the same screen resolution, screen size, battery size, OS, CPU, RAM, cameras but they are not the same. You can say they are similar but they are NOT THE SAME.

it would be great if it had hdmi.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    That's how I look at it. The Thunderbolt is an Evo for Verizon and the Bionic is the second version of the DroidX. Both great devices.
    If the Bionic is an upgraded X, then a Bolt is an upgraded Evo.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post

I dont think the Bionic is the second version of the Droid X. Moto and Verizon did not have a problem rolling out the Droid 2. While Bionic is better then the X I think when the X's replacement rolls out it will be call the Droid X2 just because of the huge amount of sells that Droid X brought Verizon, just like the original Droid.

BKVic

but......I could be completely wrong as well!

Quote Originally Posted by xMyCkOx View Post
    would you say the Thunderbolt is another Evo but for Verizon....?
    The Evo and Bolt both have a 4.3 screen and 8MP camera. And that's about where the similarities end.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel123 View Post
    it would be great if it had hdmi.
    It would be neat. It is a really cool feature on my X, but to be honest, I've only used it once since launch day.

While they're similar in form factor and some features and likely in basic functionality, of course they're different phones.

THEY ARE SEPARATED BY ABOUT 9-10 MONTHS IN TERMS OF AVAILABILITY.

If the Bionic as with the DX has an eFuse chip ... I won't buy one. I've had the DX since the day it was released and I thought I could deal with the hardware being DRM'd ... frankly I can't. It bothers me on a visceral level.

I think I'll be going for the Thunderbolt when it comes out. Android doesn't do SMP and rumors of when it will do not fill me with joy. Also, I've found the Blur just sucks. The widgets are horrible, the hacking they did to the SMS/MMS app (conversation) broke 2 of the utils I love and took a month to get resolved and a whole host of other stuff.

I think unless HTC starts screwing the pooch ... I'll give them a shot.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast