Can't charge and use kickstand at the same time?

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
so if you want your phone in landscape view and you need to charge it, make sure you have your dock with you everywhere you go. dont use the INTEGRATED KICKSTAND and a travel charger, use the optional dock. Got it. makes perfect sense!!!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I just sent in a customer support request to HTC to ask them a) what are they thinking and b) how do they expect users to use the TB in landscape mode while charging it for say watching a move etc.

If they reply I will post the response here. I would suggest if you have the same concern you submit a request ticket as well.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I think the kickstand issue is of little consequence, It won't really impede anything. Hey can't charge and use kickstand at the same time, Can't win em all mates.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
coming from the guy with a hauwei ascend
What does my Ascend have to do with this? I've played with numerous Evos of my friends to know all about the kickstand.

Why did you bring up my phone? Its not a valid point in this topic. Sure the ascend may not be a higher end android phone but it gets the job done everytime. I don't have to own a Thunderbolt to telly ou that I don't think the kickstand charging subject won't impede anything i'll need my phone for.

Sure you may say youtube, but hey if its really that dire then you should probably get an evo 4, Htc makes quality handsets always, but also there are always nitpicky people looking for flaws in a phone's design.

Now if you don't mind I would rather not get into flamming, so please don't try to insult me or my phone especially when its not a valid point to this topic.

Last edited:

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Then don't buy the phone. There is no way this can be changed on this phone, there is seriously no progress to be made by arguing about it now. All we can do is send our emails to HTC saying that we don't like it set up this way, and hope that they listen.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Then don't buy the phone. There is no way this can be changed on this phone, there is seriously no progress to be made by arguing about it now. All we can do is send our emails to HTC saying that we don't like it set up this way, and hope that they listen.

I agree 100 percent, Though I wasn't arguing that. He just attacked my phone for no reason and it was invalid to this topic.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

i just noticed this issue after looking at promotional pics, started a thread about it, and i stand by what i said. It's stupid to have a kickstand that you can't use while charging (without a dock of some sort). does it mean i won't get the phone? i dunno.

anyway i think u should all relax and smoke some trees and be a little less uptight about phone forums

edit
;)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
As promised here is the reply to my very simple question about the Kickstand and charging it while in landscape mode or watching a movie in landscape mode etc.

Dear Raptor007,

Thank you for your email regarding the HTC Thunderbolt. While we do understand your concerns, the specifications and information for the Thunderbolt are somewhat limited. While we do understand your concerns, the information to properly answer your question is not available at this time. More information regarding the device specifications and abilities will be available as the phone nears official release.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact HTC Technical Support by phone at 1-866-449-8358, 6 am to 1 am EST, 7 days a week.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Sincerely,
Dayton
HTC

Well if that isn't sad, pathetic and no answer to a pretty obvious issue I don't know what is.

Reactions: reb422

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
As promised here is the reply to my very simple question about the Kickstand and charging it while in landscape mode or watching a movie in landscape mode etc.

Dear Raptor007,

Thank you for your email regarding the HTC Thunderbolt. While we do understand your concerns, the specifications and information for the Thunderbolt are somewhat limited. While we do understand your concerns, the information to properly answer your question is not available at this time. More information regarding the device specifications and abilities will be available as the phone nears official release.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact HTC Technical Support by phone at 1-866-449-8358, 6 am to 1 am EST, 7 days a week.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Sincerely,
Dayton
HTC

Well if that isn't sad, pathetic and no answer to a pretty obvious issue I don't know what is.

That's a pretty typical answer concerning a device or software that is yet to be released. As annoying as it is, I'm not surprised by that in the least.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That's a pretty typical answer concerning a device or software that is yet to be released. As annoying as it is, I'm not surprised by that in the least.

Actually I was to a degree. The device is on their web page, the accessories are already known and on order. The fact that this would not be something they have considered or plan to address can and will impact sales. The responder clearly has a script to go by but still disappointing.

hoonaynay

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm almost certain someone already asked this question, but when the kickstand isn't in place, wouldn't speaker clarity be an issue?

...Or am I an idiot? Don't answer this second question.

racinbill

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Ditto

I'm almost certain someone already asked this question, but when the kickstand isn't in place, wouldn't speaker clarity be an issue?

Thanks for asking.... I was wondering too?

Edit... I mean I was wondering if there would be issues with the speaker...not wondering if you were an idiot :)

Last edited:

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

i gotta answer it, man your an idiot.

joking man, i wonder the same thing. but i hope/sure they thought about that.

if they did or didnt we will find out lol. i just want it to have a loud speaker phone an ringer.

hoonaynay

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I knew it.

i gotta answer it, man your an idiot.

joking man, i wonder the same thing. but i hope/sure they thought about that.

if they did or didnt we will find out lol. i just want it to have a loud speaker phone an ringer.

I always thought I was an idiot.. sigh you just confirmed that.

But yeah, whenever I listen to media on my phone, I always have earphones in, so I don't need it to be super loud for that. But I absolutely hate it when your ringer is muted because of a mediocre speaker. Phone looks so delicious though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance