Gorilla Glass?

Armyntt

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I had some screen protectors on my *phone 3G but they were like 25 bucks a piece that i bought at BBuy. Do the cheap protectors work as good as the expensive ones? What screen protectors do you guys use? I dont like most phone cases either because they make the phones slim profile huge.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
What's the benefit of Gorilla Glass? I'm guessing it's stronger and maybe more scratch resistant than regular glass? I have a Droid1 and have always used a screen protector... so I couldn't tell you if I have Gorilla glass or regular glass. Are we assuming that if the TBolt does not have Gorilla Glass that it will scratch or crack easy?

Basically it can take a lot of scratch abuse and not show any markings which is nice especially if you carry your phone in your pocket, backpack, etc. where a lot of items can bump/scratch the screen easily. Also, it has a lot of flex in the screen so that it can take heavy pressure and not crack.

All glass will get damaged by a big fall anyway, but GG is made to handle the rigors of being abused a lot in normal use (not abnormal like falling or dropping).

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been wondering the same thing and the only thing I can come up with is no previous HTC device has it. And its not listed in the TBolts specs of features so my money is on no... I would like it to have one but don't have it on my storm so I am not losing anything.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
While I agree Gorilla Glass can hold up to normal stuff, I have seen iPhone 4 displays with damage to them from normal wear and tear, it just depends on how normal you use really is.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
The screen display is an Opaque Aluminum-Silicone Base, which from my understanding is "Gorilla Glass"

i heard them say this on a video some where. maybe they are using it but just dont want the partnership with corning. or maybe another company is making it. either way, if the screen is tough im fine.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
There might be some trademark and patent issues there as well with the term Gorilla Glass, which would explain why HTC doesn't list it as a feature like some Motorola phones.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey if I could get away with using it with out paying royalties for having "with Gorilla Glass" plastered all over my website I would nix it from my features list to.

nutty

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Take it for what it's worth... I was talking to a rep the other day and they said they were told the display is made out of the same material as helicopter windshields.

I haven't really seen anything regarding the display on this phone. I was holding out for the Samsung 4G LTE b/c I wanna see the new Super AMOLED Plus screen, however it seems that phone has fallen off the radar. Sounds like the TB is going to be a great phone, but I wonder if the display itself will be lacking???

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Forget GG, Dragontail Glass is where it's gonna be

have you seen that stuff?

it's pliable and resiliant.

why do i feel like i'm saying something from HomeShoppingNetwork? ha

seriously. when a phone has that--i'll pony up a good amount of money for it.

kjones35

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Take it for what it's worth... I was talking to a rep the other day and they said they were told the display is made out of the same material as helicopter windshields.

I haven't really seen anything regarding the display on this phone. I was holding out for the Samsung 4G LTE b/c I wanna see the new Super AMOLED Plus screen, however it seems that phone has fallen off the radar. Sounds like the TB is going to be a great phone, but I wonder if the display itself will be lacking???

Are helicopter windshields made out something special?

My current Galaxy S is made out of the same material as GI Joe!!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Forget GG, Dragontail Glass is where it's gonna be

have you seen that stuff?

it's pliable and resiliant.

why do i feel like i'm saying something from HomeShoppingNetwork? ha

seriously. when a phone has that--i'll pony up a good amount of money for it.

DragonTail/DragonSkin didn't work out too well for the military, haha.