thunderbolt with 3g plan?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
While I take great pleasure in the ongoing back and forth across many of the forums about the release date and LTE pricing and how there seems to be the one person who knows a person "in the know". Seriously it is fun to read, I take my own beliefs, if there is one constant in the world of wireless carriers, its that they change what they want, when they want and don't care what the customers want.

That said, over at DroidForums.net tonight user UNC stated he knows someone at the corporate office in VA (I thought it was in NJ, go figure) anyways he knows someone and that person says 4G LTE pricing ain't so pretty.

It will be $50 per for 5GB per month + $15 per 1GB overage.

Now I take that with the usual grain of salt because until its published someone's say so doesn't mean it's so. Verizon has not announced it and until they do its still just speculation.

Now enjoy the party.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
While I take great pleasure in the ongoing back and forth across many of the forums about the release date and LTE pricing and how there seems to be the one person who knows a person "in the know". Seriously it is fun to read, I take my own beliefs, if there is one constant in the world of wireless carriers, its that they change what they want, when they want and don't care what the customers want.

That said, over at DroidForums.net tonight user UNC stated he knows someone at the corporate office in VA (I thought it was in NJ, go figure) anyways he knows someone and that person says 4G LTE pricing ain't so pretty.

Now I take that with the usual grain of salt because until its published someone's say so doesn't mean it's so. Verizon has not announced it and until they do its still just speculation.

Now enjoy the party.

If that's is true the day they announce that is the day I get the incredible

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If 4G is $50 I'll be taking my $ to Sprint. And I know of at least a dozen other friends of mine that will do the same. Hopefully VZW reads what we're writing, because an asinine move like that would destroy their credibility and their "fan base", and drive customers that have been with them for a decade right out the door faster than you can say "Evo".

Can you imagine how easy the marketing campaigns for T-Mo and Sprint would be if all they had to do was say "we're the 4G network that doesn't charge you $600 a year to surf the web on your phone"?

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Right. Thanks for reiterating what I said and not repeating your incorrect information.

:smh

Sweet mercy, do you understand the point at all? Verizon COULD only charge you for 3G on a phone that is capable of 4G, but this is Verizon. If they can charge you for breathing while you use your phone then they'd likely try (since you're not a smart fellow I'll just tell you directly that I was being facetious there).

Verizon isn't going to give anything out for free that they can charge you to use.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

Now enjoy the party.

lol

they might as well kill off their 4G program if the premium is effectively $20 per phone

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
@htowngtr and @rewd... Can't we all just get aong?

I can, but I'm not the one who started throwing insults and generally being a jackazz.

Point is that we all know VZW isn't going to be some magnanimous organization that gives away 4G for free or even allows you to purchase a 4G capable phone w/o paying a "surcharge" for the service. The LTE SIM option is interesting, but again I believe they will probably issue you one and say "now you pay for it". I could be wrong, of course, but again I'm just looking at it from VZW's track record and what everyone else (except T-Mo) appears to be doing.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Over at DroidForums.net member UNC received additional info and most importantly some clarification.

First the info about pricing is being "floated" around his contacts office, that site deals with business accounts, enterprise.

Second and more importantly it would include unlimited 3G data.

Finally, with any leaked details, until its in print from Verizon no one knows for sure. I simply wanted to share what I read and see if others could confirm or clarify it.

Still 5GB of 4G when needed and unlimited 3G when you don't need 4G speeds should work well for a lot of users. I would likely use 3G at home and 4G in the city.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Both of you need to cut it out. Keep this on topic and stop making personal attacks at each other.

I haven't made a single personal attack (unless you call when I said he's a jackazz but that was warranted).

Anyway, I was just responding to the OP and he took that to another level.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
As posted yesterday the unlimited plan is going to go away. VZW will be going to tiered plans. And I believe it will be 10$ more a month for 4g when u buy a 4g phone. No way around it. Just like buying a VZW smartphone you are required to have a data plan. No way around. As for Sprint not having sim card there 4g is a mix of WiFi and 3g different technology then lte

hoosiercub

May 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
thx, if this is so, can't see it selling outside of those 38 cities. Also means i will either have to put a bullet in my head waiting for a smartphone or get a f#%$ing crapple Iphone...eww

Well just wait, Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon did offer a 3G only plan, seeing as their coverage isn't nationwide yet, and with as controlling a carrier as VZW is, I'm sure they have a way of turning on/off your LTE Data.

ruger141

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I was just talking with a VZW rep yesterday about getting on a waiting list for the T-Bolt. I asked if they knew any info on 4g pricing and he said he was pretty confident that 4g would be the same as the current 3g plans. That they had not heard anything to warrant higher pricing. :)

Magentadeb

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Can we actually get on a waiting list for the TB, or do you know someone at your Verizon store? As an existing customer I got the invite for the Iphone and assumed I would get one for the TB also? I have the first motorola droid and so want a bigger screen. I was originally looking at the X but if I'm going to lock into another contract I might as well go with the newer technology.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan