Blackberry Storm to Thunderbolt... who else?
06-07-2011 04:36 PM
- Hey forum members,
I have been reading posts in many of the Tbolt's threads. I have mentioned it in the past that I was looking to upgrade to it coming from a blackberry storm1 (9530). I could have upgraded many months ago though I have been following and waiting for the release of 4G phones. I think i'll be super happy with the Tbolt coming from a storm1.
I was just wondering how many other members were also doing this, how many are coming from a storm1 or storm 2?
I used to think blackberry was the only way. I do enjoy their push system though they are seriously lacking in many other parts. I'm sure that the Tbolt will even shred a storm3 (if it ever comes out). I'm not dissing bb, my storm has been relatively dependable for my work, opening files etc, though i dont think even the all new OS6 can excite me. The storm1 was my first bb device, the tbolt will be my first android device.
So what do you all have to say? i'm not looking for reassurance, though why are you hopping ships and what are you looking fwd to most by switching?
I'm looking fwd to not having to batt pull, to have more memory, to not have memory leaks etc.
oh and also, can they already release the tbolt already!!! :-( just give us a confirmed date at least! (i think we are all on the edge of our seats waiting long and are almost past 'well-done').01-26-2011 02:10 PMLike 2
haha.. i like your terminology :-) definitely milking it here too
yeah just release it already!.. it's just a smartphone (not like its's a cure for Alzheimer's or something) and they can already have $ in their pockets!01-26-2011 02:34 PM
i too will keep my storm when i go over seas. but yes, i heard that eventually we should be able to use the TB as overseas they are also moving into the lte direction. (of course im not sure of the exact technical answer - just giving a overall - "yes, i heard it should work overseas" - later)01-26-2011 04:01 PM
- This would be me as well. Coming from Storm1 to TB. I could have as well upgraded a number of months back, but have been waiting to get the 4G details.
Originally, I was intent on the Droid X, but once read more about the upcoming 4G phones, the TB became my next phone.
Now, just waiting for the date and 4G plan details to roll out. If not too much $, I may go after a Droid X (1 year).01-26-2011 04:51 PM
- Cyber WarriorRobots Will KillBB Storm 1 or 2 to anything would be better. I sooooo do not miss my Storms. As a former BB user who stood in line on the first day for the Storm1 and 2 and still backed up all the negativity against the phone... I can say one thing, don't be brainwashed by RIM... they are going nowhere with there devices. I supported them for too long in hopes they could pull something off and they have proved they are so far behind every time. They have great email... that's it. I see Android concurring this within the next year or two. They're are constantly improving.01-26-2011 05:05 PM
- I was a Storm 1 user for over a year before getting the original Droid. I actually liked the Storm, but the Android os just offers so much more capability. I too am looking forward to the TB release and intend to upgrade to it.
Just one minor tease for you Storm owners, imagine installing an application with no reboot required. There are a million other reasons like that which make Android so nice by comparison.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk01-26-2011 06:02 PM
- I have owned storm 1 and storm 2. After the last os update, my storm could not suck any worse. Can not wait for the tb to come out.
Rim has really gotten behind in the smartphone world, not sure they can recover. Seem to of have sunk all of their resources into the playbook for some reason.
Looking forward to swapping to the droid.01-26-2011 08:41 PM
- I too will be upgrading to the TB as soon as its available.
I purchased the Storm (9530) on 2/14/2009 and I can honestly say that is the worst BlackBerry device I have ever owned. For almost two years now, I've had to constantly remove the battery daily, just to use the device. As soon as I purchase the TB, I will take Zeus' thunderbolt and strike my BB STORM into a thousand pieces. I have waited so long to destroy that test device known as the BB 9530.
I've been looking to upgrade for a while now. I was even considering in purchasing the iPhone; However, I would like to give the Android OS a try and see if I like it. I almost jumped the gun yesterday in upgrading to a HTC Incredible. It is a nice device, but I might as well wait for a 4G capable device.
Many people are saying that the TB is the same as Sprint's Evo, but I beg to differ.
I can't wait for big Red to make a official announcement as to when the device will be available for pre-order.
Current BB STORM users, I will be there with you to join the Android community.01-27-2011 12:00 PM
- I'm waiting patiently for news on the Bolt too but I just want to step in and say how pleased I've been with my Curve 8330 over the almost 3 years I've had it. With the exception of having to change out it's trackball(which was so easy to do I did it during a commercial break while watching The Big Bang Theory) my trusty Curve has been rock-solid. Does the web browser pale in comparison to almost every newer smartphone?Yes, but for 2007 technology what do you expect.With the exceptions of the newest OS 6 BBs my 8330 performs as good or better as a phone and media device than anything RIM's put out. Alas for my Curve,Time Marches On.............and it will be Retired With Honors.01-27-2011 01:43 PM
- My BB Tour is about to be relegated to a purely business device. I'll be splitting off my personal life to the ThunderBolt as soon as it drops. While I prefer the specs of the Bionic, the ThunderBolt was a close second and being able to get it four months sooner bumps it right up to number one with me.01-27-2011 04:48 PM
- bought the storm 1 first week it came out. It hasn't treated me as bad as some others but this upgrade is killing me. Very much want an Android and like Sense better than motoblur. Want a 4.3 screen. Hopefully LTE won't cost to much. If LTE costs is too much, I could fall back to a Droid X or switch to sprint and trial the EVO for a month.01-27-2011 04:53 PM
- Add me to the list of those going from the Storm (9530) to the Thunderbolt. For the past two years the Storm was just a constant reminder that I wished I got a great feature rich smart touch screen phone from Verizon. Had to pass by the Droids because of my contract, but now it looks like HTC is going to come to the rescue. Man, I can't wait!01-27-2011 05:41 PM
- Another Storm 9530 day 1 user here. I actually left Verizon (after being a loyal and VERY happy customer for 5 years) because of that touchscreen turd. I called them up multiple times and begged and pleaded for some kind of early upgrade in July of '09 just so I could get something else besides that POS. In the end, Verizon wouldn't budge so I went to AT&T in desperation.
Happily used a BB 9000 and now a 9700 ever since. VERY happy with both of those devices but I sorely miss the VZW data network and want the latest and greatest multimedia phone. So, HTC is picking up another new customer here because all of RIM's current (and upcoming) products are out dated, boring and they don't appear to be making ANY effort to correct this problem.01-27-2011 07:12 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
Blackberry Storm to Thunderbolt... who else?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD