Thunderbolt Training At Verizon Starts Today during the demo, data/voice was done

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
per @black_man_x, it is possible but as VZW has said not that reliable due to upload speeds being quite slow... 200kb on an excellent connection

anyone that has a VoIP phone knows data upload speeds are important for good call quality

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Technically the only reason it isn't a global phone is because there aren't any other LTE networks on the 700mhz band in other countries yet, but a lot of other carriers are planning them. Once they all roll out, and verizon establishes a roaming agreement, then yes, the TB could technically be a global phone.

But yes, for now, and for the next year at LEAST, there will be no global access for the TBolt

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Looks like March 10th really is shaping up to be the date. Exactly 4 weeks after the iPhone launch. Go figure.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
bigpete, do you think they'll let you know about what revision changes they might have made? if so, are you going to spill the beans here?

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
bigpete, do you think they'll let you know about what revision changes they might have made? if so, are you going to spill the beans here?
The delay is VZW's doing, they want battery life and LTE connectivity beyond perfect. I'm not sure what you mean by revision changes, but here's what I took from the training:

1. Simultaneous voice and data will be LTE/CDMA based.. They knew about the capability of this happening over 3G but it may not be the case anymore.

2. Sense 2.0 may not be supported by VZW (BOOO!) I was looking forward to the htcsense.com integration since they missed out on the Incredible. Maybe Inc2? ;)

3. Out the box, it will support 5 devices in hotspot mode. It can be set up to accommodate up to 8 devices, but you have to fix the settings for it to work.

4. Still no word on launch, price, or LTE fees..

Reactions: Target#AC

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Still no word on launch or price. Why is Verizon even wasting their time on training and ads and commercials when they are not even close to releasing info. They need to get it together. Thank you for letting us know and if there is no svdo then they FAIL!

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The delay is VZW's doing, they want battery life and LTE connectivity beyond perfect. I'm not sure what you mean by revision changes, but here's what I took from the training:

1. Simultaneous voice and data will be LTE/CDMA based.. They knew about the capability of this happening over 3G but it may not be the case anymore.

2. Sense 2.0 may not be supported by VZW (BOOO!) I was looking forward to the htcsense.com integration since they missed out on the Incredible. Maybe Inc2? ;)

3. Out the box, it will support 5 devices in hotspot mode. It can be set up to accommodate up to 8 devices, but you have to fix the settings for it to work.

That will be a shame if true.

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
That will be a shame if true.
Absolutely. Didn't VZW learn their lesson a few years ago. Back when they were too busy trying to shove their VCast content down our throats. As well as their uniform menu systems? People like choice and people like innovation. That's why Apple and Google have done so well. Unless it is a hardware issue (which couldn't be the case) let us get what the manufacturer intended!

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Why would Vz not support this? What does it have to do with them? Well that will be it for me. If that's not supported, Im on to the Bionic.

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Why would Vz not support this? What does it have to do with them? Well that will be it for me. If that's not supported, Im on to the Bionic.
The HTC reps said the online part was dependent on if the carrier's want to allow support. Odd that it's up to the carrier, bu that's what I was told and not a fan!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2