Thunderbolt - Best Buy Availability/Pricing/Ordering Discussion

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, yeah. Another date. But I'm looking at a screen shot that the source swears is the Thunderbolt. There's clearly a Feb. 14 in-stock date at Best Buy.

Unfortunately the source doesn't want me to show the pic just yet. :-/

Will try to persuade him/her otherwise.

Edit: Persuasion complete. So note the model number. But a second source confirms it's a placeholder for a Verizon phone, and you can pick it up at Best Buy on Feb. 14. It is NOT the iPhone. lol

thunderbolt-bestbuy-date-small.jpg

ythot26

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
it seems to me that it WILL be here in Feb, any time from the 11th to the 24th. I JUST WANT TO KNOW ABOUT 4G PRICING!!!
/rant

on topic though, that'd be great if we got to see this screenshot... use that persuasion!

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
must have picture, precious. We wants it. we needs it.

As long as I can get the phone with relative ease in store, I don't care who has it.

I've never actually used best buy for buying a cell phone, is it any different than going into a verizon store?

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
that is nice. dont make me call my friends at best buy an have them look lol.

i mean can someone at best buy get in trouble just for looking in the system at not released products. more less screen shotting it an covering any numbers that will give them away

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
i love buying from bestbuy. you dont have to wait for the stupid mail in rebate. im loving it. thanks phil. my wife is going to be pissed that i have another true valentine!

Skillz1318

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I want to get this to replace my blackberry at work so I'm hoping its not exclusive to Best Buy as my employer can only order direct from Verizon.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
it seems to me that it WILL be here in Feb, any time from the 11th to the 24th. I JUST WANT TO KNOW ABOUT 4G PRICING!!!
/rant

on topic though, that'd be great if we got to see this screenshot... use that persuasion!

I hear ya, man. What's the deal with the actual PLAN PRICING? The phone will be $200-$250 or whatever and that's not what really matters to anyone. Rather, what does it cost you to own it each month?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
must have picture, precious. We wants it. we needs it.

As long as I can get the phone with relative ease in store, I don't care who has it.

I've never actually used best buy for buying a cell phone, is it any different than going into a verizon store?

Yes, it's much better. :)

racinbill

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
it seems to me you didnt read top post!

Not speaking for yhot26, but I am guessing he is referring to the fact we have heard so many dates that we just don't know what is real anymore. From 2/10, 2/13, 2/14, 2/24, 3/17.

We all are hoping for a delviery date soon but we can't be sure til VZW tell us....FINALLY

Last edited:

juergen99

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I bought my Droid on opening day (11/06/09). Best Buy had sort of a pre-order thing going on. About a week before, you could buy a $50 gift card to be used towards the phone and you wou would be guarrantied a place in line. I was at 12 months on my 2 year Verizon contract. Since I was the primary line I could get an upgrade at the $199 price as part of the New-every-two program. I wasn't sure how BB would handle it so I explained my situation. They said "no problem". I started to get nervous so the day before I phoned them and re-explained to be sure. Again, they said "no problem". I showed up at the appointed time and they would not sell me one. I was furious. I talked to the manager with no luck. I left the store and drove to my local Verizon store and got a Droid in less than an hour. If you are eligable for standard renewal than it's probably OK. If you are less than 20 months on an existing Verizon contract it might not work.

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's much better. :)

what about its better? theres a very friendly, helpful verizon store where I live. Everytime something has been wrong with my phone the majority of the verizon stores where I live have not been able to help, but the one we now use has always. At least where I live, this particular store seems to be very consistent with their customer service.
The only issue with it is the wait time for service, as there are often a lot of people. Sometimes you have to wait upwards of half an hour before you get to your turn in line. Gives you plenty of time to move around and check out the phones though.

So aside from the instant mail-in rebates (which verizon apparently won't have for smartphones over 150$), what about it is better? And will my NE2 still work there?

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
you can get your phone serviced at any verizon store, that is what they are there for. to purchase, unless you have some crazy account problems or something, why would you want to wait 2-4 weeks on rebate? anyway, point is moot, bestbuy is the exclusive so looks like we will all be buying from bestbuy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc