Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default sync with outlook contacts on pc?

thinking about switching from a blackberry to the thunderbolt. Is there a easy free way to sync my outlook on my pc with the thunderbolt? Mostly concerned with calender and contacts.
    Thanks for the help in advance.

Yes - very easy and automatic with HTC Sync.

Application - HTC Sync for all HTC Android Phones
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

You can also go to m.google.com/sync on your blackberry and download the app to sync directly from your blackberry to google. I just did this yesterday on my storm 2 and it worked like a charm.
    Thanked by:
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,046 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

That would have saved me hrs of typing my fathers contacts into his Dinc!!!
    ARGH! Verizon does it but only puts them on the phone side, not in your google account....Son of a B......

Thanks Shygar!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

i already have google sync on my bb, works great! Im anal and want a copy on my outlook aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by kaufmansm View Post
    i already have google sync on my bb, works great! Im anal and want a copy on my outlook aswell.
    http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/

ROM
    GingerBread GSB 1.7

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    That would have saved me hrs of typing my fathers contacts into his Dinc!!!
    Everyone with an Android phone should be not be dealing with typing contacts on their phone lol. Simply log into your Gmail account, and you can create and/or import contacts there in a few various ways.

Be certain your existing contacts are set to "Google" type on your phone, and not just local "Phone" type contacts. If you lose or get a new phone, simply log into your Google/Gmail account on your phone, and all your contacts are imported right there for you.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,046 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Yeah I know about that. Problem was my father didn't have his contacts anywhere but his bb and deactivated it before I could run the sync so to avoid problems I typed in a few a night. Me in one state and his phone in another.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,554 Global Posts

Will Google Sync import all the contact info onto the Android? Including address, birthday etc? Notes

ROM
    GingerBread GSB 1.7

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    Will Google Sync import all the contact info onto the Android? Including address, birthday etc? Notes
    In my experience, it has every time. I love that all my contacts are always online and more or less safe.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,554 Global Posts

Great, thanks! Yes, I started using Google Sync after my BlackBerry crashed a year ago and I didn't have a have backup.

It's cool because then I can edit my contacts on a PC too (I use the library's). And since I don't have a PC I really appreciate the OTA sync!

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    And since I don't have a PC I really appreciate the OTA sync!

Wait until you unbox your TBolt, sign in to your google account during setup, and go to your contacts and see them all there waiting for you. It will make your tummy warm...
    "In valor, there is hope."

Quote Originally Posted by bkorver View Post
    Wait until you unbox your TBolt, sign in to your google account during setup, and go to your contacts and see them all there waiting for you. It will make your tummy warm...
    I can't wait.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Outlook Sync

And then spend an extra 20 bucks for a program called Gsyncit that installs on your pc and syncs your calendar, contacts, notes, and tasks with your gmail account, over the air. It just happens, over the air, free, in the background, effortlessly. Then they automatically appear on your phone. You have to get gtasks and gdocs notepad from the Android Market on your phone to see the notes and tasks, but they are free too. Turns it into the best business smartphone ever invented.

There are a LOT of ways to sync Outlook with the Thuderbolt or any Android device. Visit www.syncdroid.net to see a lengthy chart of most software solutions, what they sync (calendar, contacts, notes, tasks), how they sync (usb, wi-fi, wireless), the price (many are free), and a lot more. They also review each software.
    Thanked by:

I just wish HTC sync would recognize my Xoom. It does an adaqauate job for my Thunderbolt.

In my opinion Google is kind of shooting itself in the foot trying to force you to use GMail and their own services as the only really easy option. They should have their own universal sync program, let the end users decide where they want their information...

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Crusher View Post
    There are a LOT of ways to sync Outlook with the Thuderbolt or any Android device. Visit www.syncdroid.net to see a lengthy chart of most software solutions, what they sync (calendar, contacts, notes, tasks), how they sync (usb, wi-fi, wireless), the price (many are free), and a lot more. They also review each software.
    Hey, thank you! That website is a very good resource.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

People (non-corporate) still use outlook?

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    People (non-corporate) still use outlook?
    Yes. In fact, I'll bet it is still the most popular of all email clients, hands down. Not talking features, pros, cons, just that I believe it is still the most popular. I almost bought the iPhone4 because of its automatic support of syncing with MS Outlook. I've now developed a different working method and it's okay. But a straight-forward MS Outlook sync is a very sought after feature in any phone. Even today!

It is worthy of note, I think, that even Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 does not support direct MS Outlook sync. I think MS figures everyone is on, or gonna be on, the "cloud" bandwagon. Interesting, eh?

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Outlook makes it easy to keep your contacts from work when you change jobs. I may just be old and Paranoid also but I prefer to have all my information on my computer and not out on the web where any tom **** or harry hacker could get to it. yeah yeah I know if they want it they could get it off my computer too, but Im a much smaller target than Google or yahoo...

Default Re: sync with outlook contacts on pc?