Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Release at Verizon - It's Official

Okay guys, this one is official. I just spoke with a good buddy of mine who works as a sales rep in a Ft. Lauderdale, Florida Verizon branch. Now although he always tells me he does not have any insider information on unreleased news, he did finally let me know that the Thunderbolt will officially be launching in VERIZON stores on the 24th. The previous rumors of this date are definitely true. This may come as a good thing for some (not me, after that VZ tweet this morning), or a bad thing for others (I want it on the 14th at Best Buy!). Anyway, take it however you please. We will all finally have our phones before March!

Might want to change your title. Unless it's in writing, it's not "Official".

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    ROM
    GNex: CM10. N7: stock

I really hope that both dates are right. 14th at BB, 24th at Verizon. I want this phone now!
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

welcome to android central.
    friends at work just started training for the iphone and haven't mentioned any other device yet so until they go through their training seminars it may be a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Comineeyeaha View Post
    I really hope that both dates are right. 14th at BB, 24th at Verizon. I want this phone now!
    At what price (i mean data plan price?)

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Comineeyeaha View Post
    I hope the Verizon date is wrong. Hoping for a launch on the 14th at VZW

Do any of you read previous threads? This is all old news and speculation.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by fatrob View Post
    LOL welcome to AC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fatrob View Post
    I will be happy to get it on the 24th and even happier to get it on the 14th.

Wait, speaking of VZ sources, didn't one of them tell us the iPhone was a 4G phone?

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Lots of people have "friends at Verizon stores" who give them information like this. They also conflict. There's no reason to believe one over the other.

a rep on live chat yesterday said he expected it on the 14th.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    Stock

Not trying to do anything but give some information I heard from the company itself. No need to bash my comments as they are just here to inform anyone who is interested in this phone. If you don't agree then go to the next thread.

Quote Originally Posted by menschmaschine5 View Post
    Lots of people have "friends at Verizon stores" who give them information like this. They also conflict. There's no reason to believe one over the other.
    I am friends with the guys in the Verizon Distribution centers and they said you guys need to get a life.
    Thanked by:
    rewd 

ROM
    Stock/Franco

This is NOT Official! this thread title should be changed. its just more speculation from sales reps.

Thumbs down

Not official.
    Thanked by:

AGREED....if you dont want to get bashed dont make assumptions "official"....you really set yourself up.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Official is like the kiss of death on forums....

My dog stays with a sitter while I work, and one of the other dogs there belongs to an exec with Verizon. Apparently the exec talks in his sleep and his dog overheard that the release was going to be the 15th. His dog passed it on to my dog and my dog told me, because my dog knows I want this phone.

We all know dogs never lie, so the OFFICIAL release date will be the 15th!

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by martin erwin View Post
    My dog stays with a sitter while I work, and one of the other dogs there belongs to an exec with Verizon. Apparently the exec talks in his sleep and his dog overheard that the release was going to be the 15th. His dog passed it on to my dog and my dog told me, because my dog knows I want this phone.

We all know dogs never lie, so the OFFICIAL release date will be the 15th!
    But what did Punxsutawney Phil say? Do we need to wait 6 more weeks before it'll be out?
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by thedeceiver View Post
    I am friends with the guys in the Verizon Distribution centers and they said you guys need to get a life.
    hahaha yeah
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

I mean your trying to give info which is cool, but based on the title, you trying to convince us it's 100% truth. Lots of posters have spoke with reps who claim it will be out on the 14th, BB has it in their systems as the 14th, there are two sources claiming it will be out on the 24th, blackmanx and you. Thank you for the tip but the reason you are getting so much flack is because what you heard is no better than anything else anyone has said. At least other posters have posted their chat transcripts. Many of us are fully believing it will be out on the 14th, unless you friend has some hard tip that you can prove, that won't change. Anyways the main topic as of now is 4g pricing anyways, that seems to be the priority around here as of late.
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays

ROM
    AOKP + Franco's

100% official: this phone's release date has not been officially announced.
    Thanked by 3:

Yea bgr.com (boy genius report) is also reporting from Verizon manager the
    there is a big event on Feb 24th for the HTC Thunderbolt release date. I know
    when the Droid x was release on a Thur. The iPhone is releasing on a Thur,
    and Feb 24th is a Thurs also!! Feb the 14th is a Mon so it is highly possible that we will
    see the TB on 24 of Feb!! But anyway check out

bgr.com

Quote Originally Posted by funguy123us View Post
    At what price (i mean data plan price?)

ROM
    GingerBread GSB 1.7

I was always a bit suspicious about the 14th cause of it being a Monday. Thursday makes much more sense regarding shipping / delivery from the wherehouses to the brick & mortar stores. The 24th also allows enough time for the initial rush of iPhone customers to VZW stores to die down a bit. I'm sure we'll hear the official date from VZW by end of next week at latest.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast