Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTCSense.com to be ready for T-Bolt Release?

Don't know if i'm the only one, but i recently checked out htcsense.com to try and see if i could get a head start with setting different aspects of my account. They only listed two phones though, anyone think it'll be ready to go by release day?

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Yeah I tried to go on the website too to see if I could set up an account ahead of time. I'm assuming HTC will have it ready to go at launch or shortly after.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I mean it seems like an awesome feature to go along with Sense but what about the EVO? Undoubtedly one of HTC biggest phones isn't even listed. I hope it doesn't become into some worthless project to them.

there was a post somewhere on here, where someone emailed HTC about Thunderbolt compatabilty, and they said it wouldn't be there at launch, but in the future it would be able to connect if the system was up to it.

Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 KANG

Word was that it would not be, but maybe later. I think the current feeling is that since Vzw already has a paid service such as this that they won't offer it free.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by colesl4w View Post
    there was a post somewhere on here, where someone emailed HTC about Thunderbolt compatabilty, and they said it wouldn't be there at launch, but in the future it would be able to connect if the system was up to it.
    Exactly, "up to it". That's like half-@$$ing a project in my mind.

well they don't exactly want their whole system being bogged down. They probably wanna get a feel for how many people are gonna get them, and then go from there. Unless Verizon doesn't allow it for some reason
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I don't think Verizon should have much of a problem. I think RIM has something similar with the blackberrys but i'm not sure. It stinks that other people running sense on there phone can't use it while HTC is sort of waving it around like "Yeah...maybe we'll get to it" lol

Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 KANG

Everything really depends on whether or not VZW lets that fly. It is a direct competitor to something they offer "free" with the insurance.

i was the one that emailed htc about this, they said at launch it will not work as htcsense.com isnt ready for more devices, but it wont be long. but the phone wont be compatible until verizon gives it the thumbs up. most likely due to the features verizon charges extra for....
    i emailed verizon about this about a week-2 weeks ago an still no response. so that tells you sense.com may never work. but fingers crossed.

I too emailed HTC and asked about HTCsense.com and they told me that it will NOT be available at launch but MAY become available at a future date.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reb422 View Post
    I too emailed HTC and asked about HTCsense.com and they told me that it will NOT be available at launch but MAY become available at a future date.
    Well that's disappointing. I was really looking forward to the added features of the website!

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

And that's assuming Verizon allows it, because after all, they have the final say. That'll be some grade-A BS if they don't.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 KANG

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    And that's assuming Verizon allows it, because after all, they have the final say. That'll be some grade-A BS if they don't.
    I wouldn't hold my breathe. Verizon is all about what makes them more $$$. At least in that regard you know what to expect.

Well look at it this way. Its added incentive for you to keep track of your phone. Hopefully no one will ever need it.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by htowngtr View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breathe. Verizon is all about what makes them more $$$. At least in that regard you know what to expect.
    Which is exactly why I won't be surprised if Verizon doesn't want anything to do with htcsense.com. Thankfully, it won't be a dealbreaker for me.

Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 KANG

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    Which is exactly why I won't be surprised if Verizon doesn't want anything to do with htcsense.com. Thankfully, it won't be a dealbreaker for me.
    Honestly, how can they block it? I'm still not sure that they could (assuming it might require root access).

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by htowngtr View Post
    Honestly, how can they block it? I'm still not sure that they could (assuming it might require root access).
    Well, the simplest way is that if Verizon doesn't want it, they can tell HTC to make sure it's left off of htcsense.com's device list, plain and simple. I'm not saying Verizon will do this, but that's what seems most logical to me.

if this phone is $250. i want my features lol. i no that verizon doesnt want to give anything away but if i buy a product from htc i want the features they worked hard on. moto doesnt do that so i dont buy moto

To say that Verizon may block the feature because it may interfere with a service they get paid for is ludicrous at worst, ill-informed at best.

The phone finding feature is offered by Asurion, not Verizon. It was a smart move on the part of Asurion because in the long run it, as any other phone-finding app, will save them money.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,450 Global Posts

VZW used to block the use of GPS on their BlackBerry phones. You could ONLY use VZ Navigator, no other 3rd party GPS apps. So I'm not surprised if they block HTCSense.com.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    ROM
    DasBamf 2.0b5

Quote Originally Posted by martin erwin View Post
    To say that Verizon may block the feature because it may interfere with a service they get paid for is ludicrous at worst, ill-informed at best.

The phone finding feature is offered by Asurion, not Verizon. It was a smart move on the part of Asurion because in the long run it, as any other phone-finding app, will save them money.
    Ludicrous? I think it's "ludicrous" that Verizon blocks wifi calling in Skype, which is something that would actually benefit their network. Point being, Verizon is publicly against wireless net neutrality, and their actions are often in conflict with their customer's best interests. I would hesitate to put anything past them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Download lookout from the Marketplace. It is a pretty nice app that can help you find your phone. For like 25.00 a year you can upgrade to the premium service and remote wipe your phone and a few other perks. I know sense is cool and free (I think) but this is a nice alternative.

Lookout is the #1 Antivirus and Security App for Android.

Get Lookout for FREE:
    * Antivirus & Security
    * Find My Phone
    * Backup and Restore

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout

Quote Originally Posted by odiej34 View Post
    Download lookout from the Marketplace. It is a pretty nice app that can help you find your phone. For like 25.00 a year you can upgrade to the premium service and remote wipe your phone and a few other perks. I know sense is cool and free (I think) but this is a nice alternative.

Lookout is the #1 Antivirus and Security App for Android.

Get Lookout for FREE:
    * Antivirus & Security
    * Find My Phone
    * Backup and Restore

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lookout
    This is great and all... but I don't wanna pay $25.00/year for something that HTC gives you for FREE. Anyone that hasn't seen the great features that HTCsense.com gives you for free should watch:

Go to 6:08 and start from there.

it is pretty neat, but most of the stuff you are able to do in other ways. I mean I couldn't even use htcsense.com for text messages since I use google voice for free text.. Which I have built into google chrome with voice extension....

As for remote wipe and locator I don't need it as usually my devices are expensive pieces of kit which I take care of... Not saying it wouldn't be useful should something terrible happen and I forget it somewhere.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast