What do you think?

ssplumb

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
What do you all think about Best Buy being the exclusive retailer of the Thunderbolt?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Not that big of a deal to me. I'll still be doing the 1 year contract option directly through VZW. All this announcement means it that you won't see the device for sale on sites like Amazon / Wirefly / etc.

ssplumb

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Not that big of a deal to me. I'll still be doing the 1 year contract option directly through VZW. All this announcement means it that you won't see the device for sale on sites like Amazon / Wirefly / etc.

That is what I was thinking also. But why has Verizon not said anything. I signed up for announcements ages ago and have not heard boo from them. I am interested to see if Verizon is going to focus on the iPhone and let bb take care of the TB. HTC has to be livid with the lack of advertising and efffort so far. I remember the first moto Droid you could not watch TV for a hour without hearing Droid Droid Droid.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
haha my eyes are on that sprint kyocera echo. im laughing hard. wat is that lol. evo fan boys, have fun with your evo forever on sprint. they will never get another real phone lol

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
The more retailers there are, the more competition there is. If Best Buy and Verizon both release the phone for $249 for 2-yr ($319 for 1-yr), then I won't like Best Buy being the only retailer. In this case, I'd prefer someone like Amazon to also carry it to compete with Best Buy. The more retailers there are, the greater the chance of getting a lower price.

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
HTC has to be livid with the lack of advertising and efffort so far.

Word is, the whole reason you're not seeing advertising or much info yet on the Thunderbolt, is DUE to HTC. It's not like HTC and/or Verizon DOESN'T want to advertise this phone. They just don't want to do it too early. It slows sales on current phones, as well as you gotta create the hype / buzz / excitement the right amount of time before a product comes out. Too early, and people forget / move on. If the phone / software is not quite ready, they don't want to advertise the heck out of it quite yet.

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
haha my eyes are on that sprint kyocera echo. im laughing hard. wat is that lol. evo fan boys, have fun with your evo forever on sprint. they will never get another real phone lol

I am so glad I decided on the TB and not wait on Sprint's announcement. I will still miss my Palm Pre, and will be keen to see HP's announcement on the 9th.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton